Nothing Printing to Serial Port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tannerhunsucker
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like given

Hello,

I am using an Aurix TC277 TFT devkit and trying to print something to a serial port. I have tried downloading the code example from Infineon's repo (code_examples/ASCLIN_Shell_UART_1_KIT_TC277_TFT), and when I run it on my devkit nothing is being printed to the serial port. Any ideas what could be going wrong?

0 Likes
3 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi,

please also look in the related documentation and find the pin definition. In other words, where is your specific serial port connected at. It could be that the serial pin definition in your program is wrong. As far as I know, you have more than just one possibility (Port) to transfer data. One should be connected to your USB (FTDI) channel and one or more which could actually connected to your pins. Pins on the application board are sometimes already used for other peripherals. So, if you try to use them twice nothing will work. Please check that. Which port did you use for your test?

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes

TBencher,

Thanks for your response. I ended up resolving my issue by using a different USB cable. It was weird, I tried two separate USB cables before making this post, and both did not work. When I connected the device through those two cables, a serial COM port was created as COM7. When using the third USB cable, it was created as COM9 and it worked. I don't really know why it worked with that USB cable and not the other two, but my issue is resolved.

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Very good :-))

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes