Nmi getting "missed event" in alarm exec status reg

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User39504831
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First solution authored 10 replies posted

I am using Tc37x and want to have "NMI" for MTU UCERR errors.

but when I make "NMI" for SMU alarms, and trigger them via debugger, "NMI" is not getting called. 

Bit NMISTS shows -> "serviced", but NMIAEM shows -> missed.

What is missing, can someone help

Best

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

As mentioned earlier, please check if NMISTS is 0 before the alarm is triggered. Do you mean TRAPSTAT.SMUT is set when the alarm is triggered? If not, please make TRAPSET.TRAP2 and check if the NMI gets triggered. Also, does the NMI doesn't occur from the first alarm itself or missed only in subsequent alarms?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received

Check SCU_TRAPDIS0.CPUxSMUT - are SMU traps enabled?  They are disabled by default.  See Figure 68 CPU Trap Generation in User Manual part 1.

0 Likes

@µC_Wrangler 

The CPU0SMUT is enabled [ I mean SCU_TRAPDIS0.CPU0SMUT is set to 0]. So that doesnt seem to  be a problem

0 Likes
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received

Was NMISTS clear before you started?  Once NMISTS is set, further alarms causing NMI will set NMIAEM instead of causing another NMI.

Are you sure the NMI alarm reaction is configured correctly?  Which alarm are you setting?  What's in AGiCF0, AGiCF1, and AGiCF2?

Hi @µC_Wrangler 

NMISTS is "not serviced" before starting.

i want just for alm0[10]

so, AG0CFi [ i = 0 to 2] = 0x400, 0, 0x400 [ respectively], that is 

cf[10] is i=0 is high, i=1 is low, i=2 is high

0 Likes

@µC_Wrangler 

Even when i checked the TrapSts register, the smu_trap is requested, but its still  missed

0 Likes
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

As mentioned earlier, please check if NMISTS is 0 before the alarm is triggered. Do you mean TRAPSTAT.SMUT is set when the alarm is triggered? If not, please make TRAPSET.TRAP2 and check if the NMI gets triggered. Also, does the NMI doesn't occur from the first alarm itself or missed only in subsequent alarms?

Thanks.

0 Likes