Maximum DAP clock frequency using MiniWiggler 3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
D1
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi all,

I use OneEye for real time debug and graph plotting.   I have TC367 microcontroller connected over DAP with MiniWiggler 3.

If I watch single variable, I was getting cycle time(total time to read/write all the watch variables) of around 6-7ms. More the variable more the cycle time. To get it more faster, I thought of increasing the DAP clock via DAS interface. I changed the DAP frequency via DAS perfmeter. I followed this link to change the DAP clock frequency.  I think the resetting issue is resolved in newer DAS version.

Issue:

To get the max data rate, I wanted to set max DAP clock frequency and therefore, I set it to 30Mhz but somehow, I was not able to see any change in cycle time. Measuring the DAP clock on Pin No 4, I come to know that it's only 3Mhz instead of 30Mhz. Current clock value on DAS interface still shows 30Mhz!!! 

Here is the snapshot of the DSO showing 3Mhz clock instead of 30Mhz. Clock on C4 is the Zoom out version of the clock. Z4 is the zoom in version of the C4. (1/Delta x) is 3.13 Mhz. I have also attached higher resolution image as a ZIP for the reference.

30MHz_4_Cropped.jpg

When I configured the DAP clock to 400Khz to 1Mhz, I was able to observe the change in cycle time in OneEye for fixed set of variables. But same was not observed when I set DAP clock to 30Mhz. 

1. Can someone help me understand what's going on here? 
  2. It will be great if someone can reproduce this on their end and update here.
  3. Please let me know how would I achieve the max possible DAP transfer rate using MiniWiggler 3?
  4. Max DAP clock frequency is 160Mhz. Is there any official debugging device from Infineon achieving this much higher clock ? if so please suggest.
  5. I couldn't find document for signal level DAP protocol like we have for JTAG. May be  because, it is proprietary protocol. If any such document available then please let me know. 

I appreciate your help.

Thank you

Version Info

Aurix Studio : 1.6.0

One Eye: 2.48.0

DAS : 3.12

DAS API : 4.2

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi D1,

Currently OneEye check the MCD connection  before each transaction over the DAP interface. This check is the one that temporary set the clock to the 3MHz as below showed.

dw_0-1654048869401.png

If you measured after that, then the communication should be 30MHz. Can you confirm?

dw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Di_W

https://www.infineon.com/dgdlc/en?dcId=8a8181663431cb50013431cb500b0000&downloadTitle=Infineon-DAS_V...

Hi D1,

Please try newest DAS version, if you meet problem, you can contact:

dw_0-1653292585122.png

dw

0 Likes
D1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dw,

Thanks for reply. 

I am already using latest DAS 7.3.7. The DAS version information that I mentioned in my question is of MiniWiggler's. 

Is there any thing else that I should look into?

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi D1,

I will reply you if I get further info.

dw

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi D1,

Our engineer investigated found 3MHz and 30MHz freq both in the communication. Attached is the waveform of scope.

Could you please check if you have 30MHz waveform in the communication?

dw_2-1654012739516.png

dw

0 Likes
D1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dw,

I have few queries now,

1. Were you changing the frequency run time, I think once you set the frequency using DAS, it should be same frequency for all communication.  Or did you combine 2 different plots? 
  2. Will you be able to provide protocol level document for DAP?
  3. I was setting 30Mhz in OneEye and I captured below log when I tried to connect. It says it tried to connect 30Mhz but set it to 3Mhz. I need to know on what reasons it reconfigures itself to 3Mhz?

MCD Core Connection Info

host: localhost

server_port: <Some_Number>

system_key: TASKING

system: Real HW

acc_hw: DAS JDS miniWiggler V3.1 MW5Y8K6E

device_type: <Some_Number>

device: TC36x

core: Core 1: CPU1 TriCore 1.6P

core_type: 44

core_id: <Some_Number>

Trying to connect at frequency 3e+08

MCD connected at frequency 3e+07

Let me know if you need any more info on this. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi D1,

Currently OneEye check the MCD connection  before each transaction over the DAP interface. This check is the one that temporary set the clock to the 3MHz as below showed.

dw_0-1654048869401.png

If you measured after that, then the communication should be 30MHz. Can you confirm?

dw

0 Likes
D1
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I will update soon, by that time could you please point to DAP protocol documentation?

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi D1,

Please contact your FAE or disti if you need document of DAP protocol. 

I will send you message for contact.

dw

0 Likes
Di_W

Dear user,

If you have any request, please reopen the thread. Thank you for choose Infineon product.

dw

0 Likes