MCMCAN intialiation CAN module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
prafull23
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

I have been trying to use iLLD module in order to initialize CAN controller to send some data out on our custom board with TC322. I'm using example code from infineon for to cofigure CAN controller. The problem i'm facing is that, according to datasheet MCR (Module Control Register) needs to be initialize in particular sequence. Like MCR.CCCE and MCR.CI is cleared then at one point, we have to wait for MCR.RBUSY to be 0 to make sure that RAM initialization is completed.

In example code for TC334, initModule is supposed to be initialize controller but i do not see this bit being checked. During debugging, it is supposed to sending data out but micro-controller is not sending anything on on TX pin.

Anyone faced similar case ? Can anybody help me in this case ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
prafull23
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for response. It worked on our custom board finally.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

After checked, I found the code has no implementation on RBUSY.  But it doesn't impact on sending data from TX pin. Please start with the demo code and try to use a clean project and board. Then migrate it to custom board.

prafull23
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for response. It worked on our custom board finally.

0 Likes