Linking Error: Segmentation fault

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SagarZF
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

04-Components\VectorPackage\Supplied\BSW\Tp_Iso10681\FrTp_TxSm.o 04-Components\VectorPackage\Supplied\BSW\Tp_Iso10681\FrTp_Util.o 04-Components\VectorPackage\Supplied\BSW\vOtaM\vOtaM.o 04-Components\VectorPackage\Supplied\BSW\VStdLib\vstdlib.o -lc_fpu -lfp_fpu -lrt "-LC:\app\TASKING\TriCore v6.3r1\ctc\lib/tc162"
Segmentation fault
amk E452: ["makefile" 71/0] target 'RN050524-S1-Bootloader-Mainline.elf' returned exit code 1
amk E451: make stopped

-------------------------

TC36xx: The above error getting while linking. Please suggest me how to resolve this error.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello,

The fault could happen when your program tries to access memory out of bounds i.e. beyond the limits that is allocated for your program. Please check the Linker file regarding size assignment and if there are any array definitions in your code that exceeds the available size.

Also, please check if there are any open issues from your Compiler Vendor that could relate to this issue.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello,

The fault could happen when your program tries to access memory out of bounds i.e. beyond the limits that is allocated for your program. Please check the Linker file regarding size assignment and if there are any array definitions in your code that exceeds the available size.

Also, please check if there are any open issues from your Compiler Vendor that could relate to this issue.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

0 Likes