LCLCON Register Default Value of Cold Power-on after LBIST Execution

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jamber
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins First like received

In TC37x user manual appendix, LCLCON1 bit15 has different values after cold reset, one is 0 and another is 1. In SafetyManual, bit15 is 0. Is it something wrong with those documents? 

LCLCON.pngSafetyMaunal.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nambi
50 likes received 5 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi Jamber,

You can check "3.1.1.7.6 Lockstep configuration" in the user manual. The values configured in the UCB will be copied to SCU_LCLCON0/1 registers during startup. You can check if the UCB has the relevant lockstep configuration values.

Best Regards,
Nambi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Nambi

Hi,

The "1" for bit15 in the column "Field" is the name of the bit-field of the register. This is likely causing the confusion. The reset value needs to be understood from "Table 43 Reset Values of SCU_LCLCON0" in the UM.

Best Regards,
Nambi.

0 Likes
Jamber
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, Nambi

Thank you, but I watch this register in Lauterbach, the default value is 0x80018000, not 0x80010000, it's inconsistent with the description in the manual.

In the SafetyManual, the default value of this register is 0x80010000, whatever cold power-on reset, warm power-on reset, system reset.   I don't understand.

LCLCON0.png

Best Regards,

Jamber

0 Likes
Jamber
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, anyone can help me?

0 Likes
Nambi

Hi Jamber,

You can check "3.1.1.7.6 Lockstep configuration" in the user manual. The values configured in the UCB will be copied to SCU_LCLCON0/1 registers during startup. You can check if the UCB has the relevant lockstep configuration values.

Best Regards,
Nambi.

0 Likes
Jamber
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Nambi

Great, thumbs up, thank you very much!

Best Regards

Jamber

0 Likes