LBIST Fault Injection Test

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kumaresh
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 10 replies posted First solution authored

Hi,

Could you pls share some example or point to some links on where I can find how to do LBIST fault injection test from SW?

Controller I use is TC37x

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

ALM8[5] is activated if LBIST-FSM is NOT in the Reset/Idle state. When LBIST is started, it's FSM will leave the Reset/Idle state. Consequently this alarm signal is always active during LBIST execution. This is for safety reasons in order to identify unintended start of LBIST.  I have not seen any info regarding to set the ALM8[5].

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Di_W

All digital modules in the TC3XX, except for the PMS sub-block are covered by the LBIST scan chains.

›PMS modules  are not covered by LBIST. But the PMS register interface is covered.

›All the safety mechanisms  are covered via LBIST.

Therefore, there is no need to test the safety mechanisms again (e.g. by software) after proper LBIST execution.

Q1: ALM8[5] means that LBIST module is not on reset/idle state à basically when LBIST was just executed and showing LBISTDONE and signature. The purpose is therefore to notify that LBIST may have been executed or/and the LBIST is not in its reset state and therefore can’t be triggered (you need to reset LBIST first).

Q2: This alarm is triggered when the LBIST TESTMODE. In particular this alarm is expected while doing the LBIST error injection test in conjunction of ALM8[5].Testing of SMU alarms is not necessary in A2G, since the alarm path is covered by LBIST. Therefore, it is not mandatory to execute LBIST Error Injection tests.

›LBIST does not test the SRAMs & PFLASH & DFLASH areas.

›The RAMs have to be tested separately by the MBIST.

›Similarly LBIST does not test the flash itself.

–But the surrounding / digital logic are tested.

0 Likes
Kumaresh
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 10 replies posted First solution authored

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed information . I just have a question regarinding ALM8[5]. From the safety manual I see that ALM8[5] will be de-asserted upon setting LBISTRES = 1. Does it mean by default ALM8[5] will be set to high by HW during the startup or we need to set it before LBIST execution in the startup.

The reason why I ask this because LBIST is not run from the SSW i.e LBISTENA is disabled in BHMD. LBIST execution is manually triggered from our application software. In this case do we need set the ALM8[5] before starting the LBIST execution

0 Likes
Di_W

ALM8[5] is activated if LBIST-FSM is NOT in the Reset/Idle state. When LBIST is started, it's FSM will leave the Reset/Idle state. Consequently this alarm signal is always active during LBIST execution. This is for safety reasons in order to identify unintended start of LBIST.  I have not seen any info regarding to set the ALM8[5].