Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

AURIX™ Forum Discussions

nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
Dear Forum Members,

I have TriBoard TC377TX V1.0 . I want to connect Lauterbach Trace32 device to this evaluation board to flash and debug sample application. I connected Lauterbach to X401 connector, when I run “system.detect.cpu” device it gives below error message ?

I manually selected the CPU as TC377TX and it says “debug port fail”

Any thoughts ? Do I need to do any modifications to the TriBoard to make it work with JTAG ?
0 Likes
17 Replies
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
First like received 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
Hi

maybe u need to configure TRACE32 to use JTAG port?

from TRACE32 user manual -> tricore_app_ocds.pdf

Connecting using JTAG
Starting from Release R.2018.02, JTAG mode needs to be explicitly configured.
Example connection script:

SYStem.CPU TC275T ; replace TC275T by the name of your CPU
SYStem.CONFIG DEBUGPORTTYPE JTAG ; use JTAG
SYStem.Mode Up ; establish debug connection


For additional details, refer to “TriCore Debugger and Trace” (debugger_tricore.pdf).
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
Hello Vincent,

I tried above steps and unfortunately it did not work. when I run "SYStem.Mode Up" command it says "debug port fail".

Below is my Trace32 configuration. Any more thoughts ?
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
In the Trace32 debug window, it says TDO pin always stays high. Should i depop "R213" resistor ?
0 Likes
User20733
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
I haven't tried with your specific model - but I have a tc399, a tc297, and also a couple of my own designs*I usually use the DAP connector


If you aren't getting the ID that means you probably need to get the scope out and look for the jtag transactions on the 4 pins TMS/TDI/TDO/TCK while excersizeing those pins from the lauterbach probe mechanism

TDO high suggests you have the wrong cable or plugged in incorrectly.

I usually use the 10 pin DAP connector, but OCDS/X401 should ok also

I'm assuming you are keeping X402 un-connected and read the in the triboard manual

the 33 ohm is harmless and should remain
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Try using the micro USB connector on the TriBoard with Memtool. If that works, then you've got trouble with the JTAG cable, or the Lauterbach configuration.
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
anovickis wrote:
I haven't tried with your specific model - but I have a tc399, a tc297, and also a couple of my own designs*I usually use the DAP connector


If you aren't getting the ID that means you probably need to get the scope out and look for the jtag transactions on the 4 pins TMS/TDI/TDO/TCK while excersizeing those pins from the lauterbach probe mechanism

TDO high suggests you have the wrong cable or plugged in incorrectly.

I usually use the 10 pin DAP connector, but OCDS/X401 should ok also

I'm assuming you are keeping X402 un-connected and read the in the triboard manual

the 33 ohm is harmless and should remain


I contacted Lauterbach and they indicated "There is a hardware JTAG port's signal problem". I am not fully convinced about this, this is a brand new Evaluation board which was delivered to me couple of days back.
Yes X402 is not connected in my setup.
I have TriCore, TriCore-MCDS, MULTICORE debug cable which is compatiable with the TC377 and I am plugging in the device correctly.

Any thoughts ?
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
Where can I download the Memtool ? Can you please point me ? is it in ICP ?
I am trying to reach out to Lauterbach guys to help me out as well.

Any help from you this forum will greatly help me.
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
UC_wrangler wrote:
Try using the micro USB connector on the TriBoard with Memtool. If that works, then you've got trouble with the JTAG cable, or the Lauterbach configuration.


Where can I download the Memtool ? Can you please point me ? is it in ICP ? I am trying to reach out to Lauterbach guys to help me out as well.
Can you give me the correct Lauterbach configuration which works for you ? I tried several configurations but not able to figure it out yet

Any help from you this forum will greatly help me.
0 Likes
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
First like received 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
Hi

u can download Memtool from this link:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdlc/en?dcId=8a8181663431cb50013431cb500b0000&downloadTitle=Infineon-Memto...

u only have JTAG connector?
did u try using DAP connector?
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
250 sign-ins 25 likes received 50 solutions authored
That TDO stay always high can have different reasons:
Most simple is that the device has no 100% contact in the socket. Push down the socket to make sure that the device is correctly installed and have contact at all.
Otherwise there can be a HW defekt on this line (on the device itself or on the on board miniWiggler).
You can select in Lauterbach also DAP2 as DEBUGPORTTYPE. Also with this connector this works.
If you have any other TC3X7 device then you can put this device for connection testing in the TriBoard TC377TX, also you can put your TC377TX in any other TriBoard TC3X7 for test of this connection.
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
VincentWan wrote:
Hi

u can download Memtool from this link:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdlc/en?dcId=8a8181663431cb50013431cb500b0000&downloadTitle=Infineon-Memto...

u only have JTAG connector?
did u try using DAP connector?


Thanks for sharing the link. I will try with the Memtool.

Tried with DAP connector (X402) and it gives same error.

unable to identify the CPU, use SYStem.CPU to select your core manually
no port sharing detected: nBGRANT asserted although nBREQ is released
no port sharing detected: nBGRANT asserted although nBREQ is released
Unable to resolve IDCODE 0x00000000
Failed to find CPU for IDCODE 0x00000000


Any thoughts ?
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
MoD wrote:
That TDO stay always high can have different reasons:
Most simple is that the device has no 100% contact in the socket. Push down the socket to make sure that the device is correctly installed and have contact at all.
Otherwise there can be a HW defekt on this line (on the device itself or on the on board miniWiggler).
You can select in Lauterbach also DAP2 as DEBUGPORTTYPE. Also with this connector this works.
If you have any other TC3X7 device then you can put this device for connection testing in the TriBoard TC377TX, also you can put your TC377TX in any other TriBoard TC3X7 for test of this connection.



Hello,

I double checked, the lauterbach is ok in the socket and there is 100% contact.
I tried with the DAP2 settings as well and it gives the same error message.
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
I tried to install DAS and connect the Eval board, but I am running into below issue.

Any thoughts ?
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
250 sign-ins 25 likes received 50 solutions authored
You should check that the CPU is ok in the socket and not the Lauterbach is ok in the socket.
You have another boards and/or devices?
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
UC_wrangler wrote:
Try using the micro USB connector on the TriBoard with Memtool. If that works, then you've got trouble with the JTAG cable, or the Lauterbach configuration.


I tried connecting with micro USB connector and Memtool, I am not able to establish the communication.

Any thoughts ?
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins First solution authored 25 sign-ins
I figured this issue, it was a very silly mistake which I overlooked actually. My board has a Socketed board and the Micro was not seated correctly or there was loose connection. I overlooked this for some reason.
I corrected this and I am able to communicate via DAP port.

Thank you so much everyone for your help on this topic. Really Appreciate the help I am getting from all the community members here.
A Big thank you to user "MoD"
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
250 sign-ins 25 likes received 50 solutions authored
Unfortunately this occurs sometimes. After transport the device is no longer 100% in the socket. I don't have any idea what happens during shipment.
0 Likes