JTAG Connection Status

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins

Hello,

I am using TC377 device and wondering if there is any status register to indicate if the JTAG is active and connected to the MCU ? I am trying to implement register configuration checks in my application software and Watchdog related registers configuration is failing when JTAG is connected.

I want to use this JTAG connection status to skip the checks when JTAG is connected.

Appreciate any feedback or thoughts !!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @nsyed ,

Firstly, I don't think that the DBGSR.DE bit can indicate the JTAG is connected, maybe you can try to detect the change of the values of the JTAG pins to test whether the JTAG is connected with the external debugger.

Further, I'd like to suggest you contact Lauterbach for some advice.

BR,

Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Jeremy_Z

Hi @nsyed ,

Thank you for your interest in Infineon Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Do you mean to check some internal registers to detect the JTAG whether is connected with a debugger? If yes, I'm afraid not.
Further, regarding the Watchdog-related registers configuration failure, I was wondering if you can clarify a bit more details.

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your support. Appreciate it.

nsyed_0-1673568298759.png

I am tryin to Implement the above AOU from the Wdg_17_Scu driver (MCAL Manual). The InitCheck passes when I do not connnect JTAG and fails when I connnect JTAG.
The SCU_WDTCPU0CON0.REL value is being modified by the JTAG (I am using Trace32 device) when JTAG/Trace32 is attached to the target and the check with my configured value fails.

Is there any work-around to detect if there is any Internal Register which can give the status of JTAG connection and I can skip this step when JTAG is connected.
I went through the TriCore User manual, and found that DBGSR.DE bit indicates if the Core Debug is enabled ? Any thoughts ?

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @nsyed ,

Firstly, I don't think that the DBGSR.DE bit can indicate the JTAG is connected, maybe you can try to detect the change of the values of the JTAG pins to test whether the JTAG is connected with the external debugger.

Further, I'd like to suggest you contact Lauterbach for some advice.

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes