Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
koala
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 50 replies posted 5 likes given

Is there any OS support for Tricore MCU?

Such as FreeRTOS, ucOS, ROS, etc..

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi
1) How to share data between cores. (Does the shared data have to be put in LMU instead of each core's DSPR?)
-- Actually, it doesn't have to, in my opinion, it mainly depends on your application case.
There're some reference documents about the Multi-Core design and please refer to them for details.
1. https://resources.tasking.com/p/aurix-multi-core-tricore-programming-essentials
2. Internal application note (need to contact IFX sales representative)
BR,
Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Jeremy_Z

Hi @koala 
1) Is there any OS support for Tricore MCU?
-- Yes, there're many RTOS that can run on the Tricore, like the FreeRTOS, ucOS, RT-thread, etc, however, it doesn't support the ROS.
Hope it helps.
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes
koala
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you, any of those OS has multi-core support? 

BTW. I am very new to programing multi-core MCU, all my previous works are with single core MCU.
Is there any guide/resource on how to program multi-core with/without OS? Best practices, paradigm, libraries, tools,  etc..

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @koala 
1) Does any of those OS has multi-core support?
-- As I know, it's no, however, I'd like to suggest you'd contact the RTOS vendors for confirmation.
2) Is there any guide/resource on how to program multi-core with/without OS? Best practices, paradigm, libraries, tools, etc..
-- If you want to implement a multi-core OS, Autosar is the option, and you can contact the expert partner for some advice.
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes
koala
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the info.

I am not planning to implement a  multi-core OS. In fact, I prefer bare-metal without OS.

And I would appreciate any resource (application notes, docs, example codes) on Tricore multi-core programming, regarding topics such as:

• How to share data between cores. (Does the shared data have to be put in LMU instead of each core's DSPR?)
  • Synchronization between cores, from simple flags to mutex and semaphore. 
  • Programing best practice/paradigm, such as what types of data to put on which memory segment (PSPR, DSPR, DLMU, LMU, TCM)
0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi
1) How to share data between cores. (Does the shared data have to be put in LMU instead of each core's DSPR?)
-- Actually, it doesn't have to, in my opinion, it mainly depends on your application case.
There're some reference documents about the Multi-Core design and please refer to them for details.
1. https://resources.tasking.com/p/aurix-multi-core-tricore-programming-essentials
2. Internal application note (need to contact IFX sales representative)
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes
koala
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you.

Looks like 2. for  AURIX TC2xx, I only have TC3xx docs in myICP.

Is 2. also applicable for TC3xx?

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @koala ,

1) Is 2. also applicable for TC3xx?

-- Yes.

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes