Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LucTung
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Dear Infineon Technical Support Team,

I am a customer using TC397 and I am facing some issues regarding the configuration of GEth (Gigabit Ethernet). I need to achieve MAC to MAC communication in my application, and I am currently using the Ethernet_1_KIT_TC397_TFT example. How can I adjust this example to meet my requirements? I couldn't find detailed information in the official documentation.

Could you please provide guidance on how to modify the Ethernet_1_KIT_TC397_TFT example to achieve MAC to MAC communication? Any technical support documents, guides, sample code, or configuration examples related to this would be greatly appreciated.

I sincerely look forward to your response. Thank you very much for your assistance!

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 100 likes received

Based on feedback from other customers, MAC-to-MAC communication is possible, but we do not have a detailed demo for this. The customer should modify the demo to fit their own application and note that without a PHY, the communication length will be limited.

Our customers have conducted relevant tests and the test results are as follows:
Regarding the MAC-to-MAC issue, connected the MACs of two TC37x development boards using jumper wires and conducted the following actual tests:
Communication interface: RMII
Communication mode: 10M/full duplex
Communication distance: 30cm
Notes:
①REFCLK needs to be provided externally to both MACs
②Both TC37x boards share a common ground
Test results:
The two MACs can send and receive ETH packets normally, but due to the use of jumper wires and the lack of a PHY chip (although the communication rate is reduced to 10M), occasional communication instability may still occur. Using PCB wiring should improve the situation, but the transmission distance is still very limited as the communication speed increases.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Di_W
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 100 likes received

Based on feedback from other customers, MAC-to-MAC communication is possible, but we do not have a detailed demo for this. The customer should modify the demo to fit their own application and note that without a PHY, the communication length will be limited.

Our customers have conducted relevant tests and the test results are as follows:
Regarding the MAC-to-MAC issue, connected the MACs of two TC37x development boards using jumper wires and conducted the following actual tests:
Communication interface: RMII
Communication mode: 10M/full duplex
Communication distance: 30cm
Notes:
①REFCLK needs to be provided externally to both MACs
②Both TC37x boards share a common ground
Test results:
The two MACs can send and receive ETH packets normally, but due to the use of jumper wires and the lack of a PHY chip (although the communication rate is reduced to 10M), occasional communication instability may still occur. Using PCB wiring should improve the situation, but the transmission distance is still very limited as the communication speed increases.

0 Likes