Infineon AURIX 275 and TLF35584 PMIC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SafeSystems
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

In the safety manual of the PMIC TLF35584,  there is the following assumption of use

Assumption: [SM_ROT_01]
In applications where the reset output (ROT) is connected to the reset input of the microprocessor, it is assumed
that the primary safety path is activated when the reset signal is asserted.

The microprocessor is in reset mode, what are you expecting from it. The FSP pin is pulled down externally. Aren't the secondary safety path SS1/SS2 activated when the PMIC asserts its output ROT due to over/under voltage detection.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @SafeSystems ,

I'd like to suggest you create another thread for this question in the PMIC group, as the PMIC experts are better candidates to answer it, instead of me.

BR,

Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
DownyK
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi SafeSystems

Can you explain your question in more detail?

Do you want to know SS1 and SS2 state after ROT activation? 

0 Likes

Per the internal architecture of TLF35584, the Voltage Monitoring/Reset Function is connected to the Safe State Control that drives SS1 and SS2. I can understand from it that the SS1 and SS2 are activated in case of over/under voltage violation errors. Could you confirm, please 

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @SafeSystems ,

Yes, your understanding is right.

2023-02-28_11h02_15.png

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes

Very good, thank you Jeremy, So in the following assumption of use:

Assumption: [SM_ROT_01]
In applications where the reset output (ROT) is connected to the reset input of the microprocessor, it is assumed that the primary safety path is activated when the reset signal is asserted. 

TLF35584 considers its safety signals SS1 and SS2 as secondary safety path. What Infineon means by the primary safety path. is it the microcontroller safety path. 

If the primary safety path is the micro-controller safety path, what this assumption precisely expects from the microcontroller after the PMIC TLF35584 resets it because of an overvoltage for example (the micro-controller is no more in control). 

Please, note that our system relies on the PMIC secondary safety path to disable the actuators and put the system in safe state.

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @SafeSystems ,

I'd like to suggest you create another thread for this question in the PMIC group, as the PMIC experts are better candidates to answer it, instead of me.

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @SafeSystems ,

Actually, I'm not very clear with the question, whether you can clarify it again.

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes