Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
priyanka1
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,
We are facing issue in tc399.

1.In tc399 we are using I2C_Read_External exapmle code .. we are able to receive the data from I2c as MAC address .. How we  can verify whether the received MAC address is correct or not.

2.Can it is possible to write data to the external eeprom through I2C ?? Ifpossible ..please suggest how we can write and read the data.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nambi
5 likes given 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

1. You can check if you are able to successfully send and receive the intend messages with the TC3 device. You can compare the data inside the device with the data on the I2C Bus. We can check further if you are facing an issue here.

2. For the expected MAC ID, I assume you are referring to the EUI-48 OR EUI-64 NODE ADDRESS of the EEPROM.  You can refer to the section "9.0 PRE-PROGRAMMED EUI-48 OR EUI-64 NODE ADDRESS" in the datasheet, discussed in the previous link. For further details, you can reach out to Microchip.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Nambi

Hi,

1. You can check the SDA, SCL lines and the datasheet of the device to verify if the received MAC address is as expected.

2.  You can customize the I2C_Read_External example as required.

3. a) Can you check the project as it is and check if  it works expected?

b) Are you using an Infineon evaluation kit or your custom board?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
priyanka1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
1.I am receiving the MAC address but we are not knowing the receiving MAC address is correct or not.
2.a)Project as it is working fine..But we doesn't know the MAC id of the board.. Please help in that 

b)we are using infineon evaluation kit

0 Likes
Nambi

Hi,

I am assuming that you are using the kit KIT_A2G_TC399_5V_TRB. You can refer to the UM schematic(https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TC3x9-UserManual-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46270c4f93e0170e40...), 24AA02E48 is the EEPROM used. You can refer to the EEPROM datasheet for further details. https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/aemDocuments/documents/MPD/ProductDocuments/DataSheets/2-Kbit-I2...

Best Regards.

0 Likes
priyanka1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes we are using that board only .. but we are not able to verify the MAC address which we are receiving is correct or not.please help us to find the MAC address of device.

We are also trying to write the data to eeprom by using register address as 0x00 but we are not able to read the data which we are writing .please rectify whether we are using correct address or not

0 Likes
Nambi

Hi,

1. You can check if you are able to successfully send and receive the intend messages with the TC3 device. You can compare the data inside the device with the data on the I2C Bus. We can check further if you are facing an issue here.

2. For the expected MAC ID, I assume you are referring to the EUI-48 OR EUI-64 NODE ADDRESS of the EEPROM.  You can refer to the section "9.0 PRE-PROGRAMMED EUI-48 OR EUI-64 NODE ADDRESS" in the datasheet, discussed in the previous link. For further details, you can reach out to Microchip.

Best Regards.

0 Likes