IOM and SMU connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
claude2010
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hello,

i want to start using the IOM on my TC377, and i'm following the example in iLLD_1_0_1_13_0_TC3xx_Drivers_And_Demos_Release.

I managed to make the demo to work (i guess it was tested on a different uC, because i needed to change a couple of things to make it work), but i don't understand how the connection between the IOM and the SMU works.

The IOM has a single output event signal which is connected to the SMU; using a debugger i see that it sets the alarm on the  register AG[8].21 (so the 21st bit of the 8th alarm group). Why is the IOM setting that bit?

On the User Manual, in the IOM Chapter it says "Note: the alarm output adapted to the fSPB will be connected to the Safety Management Unit, SMU.EMM". But i can't find anywhere any reference to this EMM register. I guess it will end up in AG[8].21, but where is that stated? Or is it ending up there because of some configuration in the demo that i'm not being able to see?

(remark: the original C code of the demo was trying to clear AG[8].20 and it was not working. Using a debugger i saw that the bit being set was the following one)

Thanks

Claudio

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

You are right there is a single signal that goes from the IOM to the SMU, all SMU connections are listed in the device appendix. IOM SMU alarm is ALM8[25] 

ugo_8a_0-1642705773695.png

some time ago I created a bare IOM metal example if you want to take a look (attached)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

You are right there is a single signal that goes from the IOM to the SMU, all SMU connections are listed in the device appendix. IOM SMU alarm is ALM8[25] 

ugo_8a_0-1642705773695.png

some time ago I created a bare IOM metal example if you want to take a look (attached)

claude2010
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

hi ugo,

thanks a lot.

Turned out i miscounted the zeros!

The command is

SMU_AG8.U = 0x02000000

with six trailing zeros (not five as i thought), which in fact corresponds to AG[8].25, the bit indicated in the appendix that you pointed out.

I wonder why they don't state this in the SMU and\or IOM User Manual, rather than in the appendix...and also what that SMU.EMM register is.

Thanks

0 Likes