Announcements

Equip yourself to optimize AURIX™ MCUs for Evs at the EV Webinar. Click here to register.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

AURIX™ Forum Discussions

TC3XX_Newbie
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am trying to use the I2C sample code provided in https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples

The target SDA and SCL pins are connected to a pull-up resistor with 5V, the bus state is free so I init the I2C module using the init function in the sample code, however,once the I2C register 

I2C1_RUNCTRL is set to 1 to go to run mode, the bus state is always busy with no masters on the bus but me. I try do DIO read the SDA pin to check if it's pulled low, I always read high, but the stat is still busy no matter what

what could be the issue here?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Jeremy_Zhou
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi @TC3XX_Newbie ,

Thank you for your interest in Infineon Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Before sharing some advice, I was wondering if you can introduce the platform environment, such as the board, the slave device, etc.

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Nambi
First like given 25 likes received 50 solutions authored

Hi,

Could you let us know the following details?

1. The device used at your end. eg:(TC397, TC277)

2. The kit used at your end. eg: TC397 TFT kit, TC375 LK kit.

3. Is TC3xx, I2C Master or Slave?

4. Could you share the expected and observed waveforms on SDA and SCL lines?

5. Can you try checking the AURIX_I2C_Read_Ext_Device_1_KIT_TC397_TFT ADS(Aurix Development Studio) I2C Master example?

6. Could you give a block diagram of the I2C Masters and Slaves connected to the I2C BUS?

Best Regards.

0 Likes