I'm NEW to Infineon Microcontroller. TC36xDP 176 Pin. Need some suggestions please.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
acelink2
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi Guys, I'm new to the AURIX TC36xDP microcontrollers. I have plenty of knowledge of Microchip, Texas Instruments and other microcontrollers as well. I just need to ask what hardware do I need to program the TC36xDP on a standalone board.

I've downloaded the AURIX STUDIO and the FREE Tool chain, the TC3xx Architecture vol 1 and 2, user manual part 1 and part 2. Is there anything other things I need to download to get my chips running?

I've ordered a few TC36xDP chips for my stand alone board that I'm designing at the moment and need to ask what programmer do I need to program the chips? I see in the manual I can use the JTAG or DAP (2 pins) to program the chips.

Is there a JTAG or DAP setup guide I can follow?

Please let me know.

Thanks guys, hope to hear from you soon.

Peter. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
acelink2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Yuva, thank you for your reply. I will look into purchasing a miniWiggler.

Peter.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

You can use Aurix development studio(ADS) or MemTool to program the device during the development. These are evaluation tools from us. We have miniWiggler hardware which is the hardware programmer/debugger to be used with ADS/MemTool. You can refer section 1.3 in the UM part1 to know the debug/program interface details.

Thanks.

0 Likes
acelink2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Yuva, thank you for your reply. I will look into purchasing a miniWiggler.

Peter.

0 Likes
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi acelink2,

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-tricore-microcontroller/32-bit-tricor...

You can view TC3xx Quick Training and Expert Training besides the user manual ands datasheets. For Triboard, we have on-board miniwigger which is a UART-USB bridge. You can refer to Triboard schematic after register myICP account.

dw

0 Likes
acelink2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi DW, thanks for the info. I'll check out the training guides,

Thanks again for your help. 

Peter

0 Likes