How to write 6 page(192 bytes) at once in tc27x

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello

I am using tc27x evaluation board.

Memory structure of TC27x :
0x8000 0000 2 MB PF0
0x8020 0000 2 MB PF1

Problem : If i am flashing with packet size of 192 bytes then it work fine upto PFO but at the time of last PF0 frame, it contain 128 byte of data in PF0 and 64 byte in PF1.
we are configuring Flash type, Bank, sector, Offset Address at every incoming packet. So at the time of Flash configuration it configures PF0 according to first Address of packet.
But here it is trying to Flashing in PF1 area too. Hence Download failure occurs.

So i want to know If we want to write in both flash than available data packet sizes are 32 bytes, 64 bytes, 128 byte, 160 bytes and 256 bytes only .
Do we have any other option to set 192 bytes packet size ??

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Kuldeep,
how did you flash PF1? What about configuration?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Italo,

Q. how did you flash PF1?
Flashing process is same for both flash.
Q. What about configuration?
Configuration simply means deciding Flash type , Bank, sector , Offset address using starting address of particular data packet.
0 Likes
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received
kuldeep wrote:
Memory structure of TC27x :
0x8000 0000 2 MB PF0
0x8020 0000 2 MB PF1

Problem : If i am flashing with packet size of 192 bytes then it work fine upto PFO but at the time of last PF0 frame, it contain 128 byte of data in PF0 and 64 byte in PF1.
we are configuring Flash type, Bank, sector, Offset Address at every incoming packet. So at the time of Flash configuration it configures PF0 according to first Address of packet.
But here it is trying to Flashing in PF1 area too. Hence Download failure occurs.

You can't span banks with a single write command.

For optimal speed, you should be using 256 byte packets. Since 2 MB is evenly divisible by 256 (unlike 192), you then wouldn't have the issue of spanning PF0 and PF1 in a single packet.
0 Likes