How to use bootstrap downloading hex with Memtool for TC37x?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ASUS
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hi, 

My TC377 debug port is locked because of protection, I want to downloading a program to release this protection. I can set HWCFG to Bootstrap mode, and I know select BSL/ASC mode in Memtool, but I don't know how to set communication between TC377 and Memtool in Bootstrap mode.

Does Miniwiggler support CAN/LIN communication of Bootstrap mode? If not, what should I do? 

Bootstrap.png

Best regards

ASUS

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi, I  made a quick guide how to use the BSL with UART, so basically you only need a COM port (RS232) and access to pins 14.0 and 14.1. 

check the attached document.

0 Likes
ASUS
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, ugo_8a

Thank you for your reply. I am using a self-made board without UART, could you please tell me how to access to pins 14.0 and 14.1 via RS232? Is it like that?

2022-05-03_082109.png

Best Regards

ASUS

0 Likes
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello, if you have a RS232 transceiver in the target board , yes you can connect as you shown in the diagram. if you do not have a transceiver you need to use an adapter (UART to 5v/3.3) take a look at this adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-FT232RL-Converter-Adapter-Breakout/dp/B00IJXZQ7C/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=...

0 Likes
ASUS
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, ugo_8a

Thank you, I'll buy it and have a try.

Best Regards

Thank you

0 Likes