Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jonson
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked 25 replies posted

HI,expert:

In the chip motor controller based on TC334, I want to achieve PWM on and off, how should I write the function to achieve this function? When the shutdown fault occurs, I turn off the PWM to achieve protection, and then turn on the PWM again after the fault recovery, so I need to be familiar with the PWM on and off function function, I hope experts can guide you, thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ulises_L
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi

For the register configuration of the GTM module you can use the  example for a generic PWM

GTM_ATOM_PWM_1_KIT_TC334_LK

For this case, since uses the ATOM module, you can create the following functions on the file “GTM_ATOM_PWM.c “, and add the function prototypes to the “GTM_ATOM_PWM.h “,  to use them to control the PWM:

void PWM_ON(void)

{

IfxGtm_Atom_Pwm_start(&g_atomDriver, TRUE);

}

void PWM_OFF(void)

{

IfxGtm_Atom_Pwm_stop(&g_atomDriver, TRUE) ;

}

In additional you can use also the CCU6 module, this module is specially designed to supports the generations of PWM signals for motor drivers, you can check the example CCU6_PWM_Generation_1_KIT_TC334_LK.

Best Regards,
Ulises

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ulises_L

Hi @Jonson 
If you are using the iLLD Library fot the PWM generation, you can use the following functions:

IfxGtm_Pwm_stopSyncedChannels(IfxGtm_Pwm* PWM)

IfxGtm_Pwm_stopSyncedGroups(IfxGtm_Pwm* PWM1, IfxGtm_Pwm* PWM2)

to stop one or two PWM respectively, for more information about available functions for PWM handling you can check the iLLD Library Users Manual.

Best Regards,
Ulises

0 Likes

Ulises,Thank you for your patient reply!I want to know how to use the register configuration?In addition, are there any examples of these two functions you mentioned above?

0 Likes
Ulises_L

Hi

For the register configuration of the GTM module you can use the  example for a generic PWM

GTM_ATOM_PWM_1_KIT_TC334_LK

For this case, since uses the ATOM module, you can create the following functions on the file “GTM_ATOM_PWM.c “, and add the function prototypes to the “GTM_ATOM_PWM.h “,  to use them to control the PWM:

void PWM_ON(void)

{

IfxGtm_Atom_Pwm_start(&g_atomDriver, TRUE);

}

void PWM_OFF(void)

{

IfxGtm_Atom_Pwm_stop(&g_atomDriver, TRUE) ;

}

In additional you can use also the CCU6 module, this module is specially designed to supports the generations of PWM signals for motor drivers, you can check the example CCU6_PWM_Generation_1_KIT_TC334_LK.

Best Regards,
Ulises

0 Likes