How to test SRI Transaction error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Marwaaboelamay
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

AURIXtc33x 

SRI1.PNG

we found this but we need more clarification for example :

we need to test the MC1 (SFI F2S ) and MC2 (CPU0) , so how we can inject non correctable error for them ? 

or there is another way to inject the fault for them to be able to test their interrupt .

0 Likes
1 Solution
LaneYE
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi, Marwaaboelamay

As user manual said, if the data phase(Read/write) is invalidated, the MCI or SCI will send an invalid transaction ID, so we can inject a non-correctable error into RAM , then readback the error RAM.

HOW TO INJECT THE ERROR

You can modify the ECCMAP bits to introduce multi bits by programming a word with wrong ecc.

ECCMAP = 01b, Test mode

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
LaneYE
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi, Marwaaboelamay

As user manual said, if the data phase(Read/write) is invalidated, the MCI or SCI will send an invalid transaction ID, so we can inject a non-correctable error into RAM , then readback the error RAM.

HOW TO INJECT THE ERROR

You can modify the ECCMAP bits to introduce multi bits by programming a word with wrong ecc.

ECCMAP = 01b, Test mode

0 Likes

Marwaaboelamay_0-1676624814103.png

as you see in the screenshot , i cannot access any of MTU or SRAM registers during the SW running because it goes to SW reset once open any of these registers so how can i  odify the ECCMAP bits?

0 Likes

Hi, Marwaaboelamay

I don't know why you can't watch these registers.Is it same effect(reset) when you watch other registers?

Additional, the MCi_ECCS register is protected by End-Init mechanism, so you can't modify directly in debug.

0 Likes

no i can watch other registers except MTU and SRAM registers,

so how can i modify the MCi_ECCS? 

0 Likes

Hi, Marwaaboelamay

no i can watch other registers except MTU and SRAM registers,

>>I can't explain it, maybe you could contact your FAE for supporting;

so how can i modify the MCi_ECCS?

>>You could reference "The Endinit Functions", before you modify the registers protected by Endinit, you should unlock first and lock it after you modified. It's a HW safety mechanism to avoid unintended modify.

0 Likes
Aiswarya_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello, 

Is this issue resolved?

These registers should be readable, you could confirm if the MTU and SRAM modules are enabled.
You could also refer to this code example.

Kind Regards,
Aiswarya.

0 Likes