How to program SCR(8-bit Standby Controller)code to TC397 and what kind of tool are used to debug it?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
E-John
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted First like given 25 sign-ins

Dear All,

I am a newer to use TC397.

There is a SCU(Standby Controller, i51-like) inside TC397.

When build the demo code "TriBoard_TC39XB_V1.1.0"

There is a i51 elf code "TRIBOARD_TC39XB_SCR.ELF" created under "TriBoard_TC39XB_V1.1.0\TriBoard_TC39XB\2_Out\i51_Keil"

How to program code to TC397's SCR(8-bit Standby Controller) and debug it?

1. What debug port we need for i51?

2. What kind of debug tool for use to debug i51?

3. How to program this elf to TC397's flash?

4. What segment are for i51?

0 Likes
1 Solution
cwunder
Employee
Employee
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 50 likes received

You can debug the SCR using the same debug connector that you use for the TriCore (just a difference instance for the 8051) as long as you are not actually in Standby mode. Alternately you can debug using P33 pins. You must configure the register PMSWCR4.SCRCFG to select the debug path/pins.

cwunder_1-1650324919715.png

To debug the SCR you can use Lauterbach or iSystem debuggers.

I would only recommend to use the Tasking toolchain for the SCR because most of the core register are non-standard to the 8051. The SCR memory is only RAM and it must loaded on every cold power-on-reset. The TriCore or DMA can load it. You can build the SCR code (8051) then take the hex file and create a c-array that can be built with the TriCore toolchain and then it would be in the elf file. 

The 8051 cannot access outside its own memory space so the 8 kByte memory is treated as XRAM (code and data) starting at address 0.

cwunder_0-1650324318588.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
cwunder
Employee
Employee
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 50 likes received

You can debug the SCR using the same debug connector that you use for the TriCore (just a difference instance for the 8051) as long as you are not actually in Standby mode. Alternately you can debug using P33 pins. You must configure the register PMSWCR4.SCRCFG to select the debug path/pins.

cwunder_1-1650324919715.png

To debug the SCR you can use Lauterbach or iSystem debuggers.

I would only recommend to use the Tasking toolchain for the SCR because most of the core register are non-standard to the 8051. The SCR memory is only RAM and it must loaded on every cold power-on-reset. The TriCore or DMA can load it. You can build the SCR code (8051) then take the hex file and create a c-array that can be built with the TriCore toolchain and then it would be in the elf file. 

The 8051 cannot access outside its own memory space so the 8 kByte memory is treated as XRAM (code and data) starting at address 0.

cwunder_0-1650324318588.png