Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Robby
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello there,

I would like to load the user code into a new TC38x chip.

According to the user manual I know the this can be done by selecting ASC/CAN bootstrap mode to load the flashloader program into PSPR, then user code can be write to PFLASH through running this flashloader program.

So how could I get the related flashloader program? Is there any documents told about this?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 100 likes received

Hi Robby,

If you want to use RAM to boot, and then read data from UART etc. and program PFlash, then you can refer to the example above mentioned, and you could refer to the user manual for boot procedures too.

I think your opinion is feasible.

dw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Di_W

There is a demo code for SOTA function, which is reading data from UART and then write to B bank, then swap A/B bank and reset. The SOTA code is no need to load into PSPR. Buf if you want to use legacy flashloader method, then you need write your own code in PSPR to read UART data and write to PFLASH, but this would has problem if the write operation is interrupted in the process. So, you should first to decide you want to use SOTA or not.

For SOTA, you can contact Infineon representatives or distributors for a demo code of UART interface.

For PSPR flashloader, there is no direct demo, but you can refer to basic example codes at github such as Flash Programming and RAM run function etc. https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples/tree/master/code_examples

0 Likes
Robby
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello,dw

Thanks a lot for replying.

I think SOTA is not suitable for me, as the current task is programming the initial user code, there won't have any code to support SOTA function before the initial user code is loaded.

I found a code example at github by following your link, is Flash_Programming_1_KIT_TC397_TFT, it recorded some ILLD API for DMU, this would be helpful.

If there are any gaps in my opinion above, please help to point out.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi Robby,

If you want to use RAM to boot, and then read data from UART etc. and program PFlash, then you can refer to the example above mentioned, and you could refer to the user manual for boot procedures too.

I think your opinion is feasible.

dw

0 Likes