How are CPU1 and CPU2 brought online?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19087
Level 1
Level 1
I know that on a reset, CPU0 is running and CPU1 + CPU2 are disabled (TC277TP). How are CPU1/CPU2 brought online and what are their reset vectors? I can not find it in the documentation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
MuffinFlavored wrote:
I know that on a reset, CPU0 is running and CPU1 + CPU2 are disabled (TC277TP). How are CPU1/CPU2 brought online and what are their reset vectors? I can not find it in the documentation.

The other cores need to be initialized by a core that is already running before that core is enabled so you need some software somewhere.

Are you usings ADS?
Then you can have a look to the file IfxCpu_CStart0.c for the defines IFX_CFG_CPU_CSTART_ENABLE_TRICORE1 and IFX_CFG_CPU_CSTART_ENABLE_TRICORE2 which are by default enabled.
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
MuffinFlavored wrote:

Hello,

If you created the project with AURIX™ Development Studio, by default the core1 and core2 of your device will be started by the initialization of core0

You can find a code example project that uses multicore here: Multicore training code example.
this example also comes with a tutorial, which can be found here: Multicore tutorial.

Hope it helps,
teoBits
0 Likes