Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

Hi all

I've just noticed that not all HWCFG  are exposed on the different derivative.

Where can I found some more information on how to handle these different pins in this condition?

As an exampe on TC322 and TC323  HWCFG2 and HWCFG6 are not available on the pinout.

HWCFG2 should control EVRC functionality and HWCFG6 should control the pins behaviour

Additional question, what is the function of HWCFG0? I found some reference on TC2X but no reference on TC3, is still present?

thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ulises_L
10 solutions authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi @FD_aurix 

With further investigation, the complete information about the HWCFG2 and HWCFG6 when they are not available on the pinout  was found in the AURIX Users Manual in the section 12.2.1.1 Supply Mode Selection of the PMSLE chapter:

Ulises_L_0-1708658474344.png

In this part is clearly inform the absence of these pinouts, and the correct configuration.

BR,
Ulises.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Ulises_L

Hi @FD_aurix 
You can find the main information of the HWCFG configuration in the Supply Mode section of the AURIX User Manual, there usually appear a diagram with a brief functionality of each HWCFG pin.

Ulises_L_0-1706136773832.png

Further information of their use is in the corresponding section of the HWCFG pin effect module.
For the case of HWCFG0, this pin is not presented on TC3xx devices.

Best Regards

Ulises

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Ulises

Yes, this is the section I was reading yesterday but I've not found a reference for the derivative where some of this pins is not exposed on any external pin (e.g. on 80 and 100 pins package. 

Maybe is this note? "1.) HWCFG [1:6] has weak internal pull-up active at start-up if the pin is left unconnected."

0 Likes
Ulises_L

Hi @FD_aurix 

I am sorry for the delay in replying.

These are differences of the HWCFG pinouts are based on difference of the package and PMS/PMSLE.

Best Regards,
Ulises

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Ulises

thanks for the reply. It was not super urgent but now that we are getting closed to the design decision this information is crucial. We are looking for TC322 and TC323  where HWCFG2 and HWCFG6 are not available on the pinout. Shall we consider them connected to an internal weak pull up? Or we need some more information?

Br

Francesco

0 Likes
Ulises_L

Hi @FD_aurix 

With further investigation, the complete information about the HWCFG2 and HWCFG6 when they are not available on the pinout  was found in the AURIX Users Manual in the section 12.2.1.1 Supply Mode Selection of the PMSLE chapter:

Ulises_L_0-1708658474344.png

In this part is clearly inform the absence of these pinouts, and the correct configuration.

BR,
Ulises.

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Perfect, this is what I was looking for!

Thanks

0 Likes