HSM Firmware Compiling with ARM GNU Compiler

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19665
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Hello all,

Since AURIX HSM core is an ARM Cortex-M3 core. I guess it would be possible to compile the HSM firmware with ARM GNU compiler instead of Tasking ARM compiler (not consider the functional safety cases, just for POC purpose)

I wonder what compiler and linker options to be used to make a successful build?

Thank you,

Wei

0 Likes
1 Solution
cwunder
Employee
Employee
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 50 likes received

It is in the TC3xx HSM folder but would be applicable as the core is the same as TC2xx. You would have to adapt the memories, peripherals... also it is only a stating point. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello,

Its possible. If you already have access to the documents & sample example project on HSM you'll find the make files for each Compiler in that. You may use it for POC testing.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

0 Likes

Yes, I have access right to the documents, however the building result looks very different from what it provided with Tasking built.

It links a lot of libraries from ARM GNU toolchain which cause cause the binary size much much bigger than the Tasking built.

I doubt the makefile for GCC compiler is not for ARM GNU GCC, but for some other GCC compiler, so the compiler options may varies.

0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee

AP32391 used the GNU Compiler for ARM (Version 6-2017-q2-update)

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have AP32391, is it for TC2XX?

I have AP32284, AP32285, AP32330, AP32387, AP32389

0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee

It is in the TC3xx HSM folder but would be applicable as the core is the same as TC2xx. You would have to adapt the memories, peripherals... also it is only a stating point. 

Thanks very much.

Then probably I'll request for access right to it, just to see whether the compiler option is same with TC2XX or not.

0 Likes