Generic Bootstrap Loader via CAN

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BluewindAZ
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!
Dear all,

I'm looking for information about the Generic Bootstrap Loader (via CAN) on AURIX devices.

First, I'm not able to find an application note for AURIX similar to the one existing for XMC:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AP32269_XMC4000_CAN_BSL-AN-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4624933b...
can you suggest a similar application note for Aurix?

Second, what hardware & software tools are available to program the code using the Generic Bootstrap Loader via CAN?

Thanks,
Alessio
0 Likes
4 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi Alessio,

you can find related information inside the Target Specification file under "CAN Bootstrap loader".
I am not quite sure about the tools, but if you look inside the documentation every single message is well described. Even the program flow is clearly explained in "CAN Bootstrap loader flow". The only thing you need is a CAN controller+transmitter. You could use for example an additional AURIX-evaluation board or -triboard to build that CAN bridge. That is up to you. 

Regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

Hi TBencher

Could you please specify the name of the file? I've checked into the ones listed on myicp under Target specification but there is no reference for the bootstrap loader.

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi FD_aurix,

sorry for late response. Just look inside AURIXTC3XX_ts_part1_v2.5.1 file.

Regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

Thanks!

0 Likes