Generate .hex file in High-Tech IDE with a (not-managed) project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
IngSala
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First question asked First reply posted
Hello everybody,

Do anyone knows how to generate the .hex file by using the High-Tech IDE (and compiler) with a NOT-managed project?
I mean, a project that is used in combination with an existing makefile, for example the basic sw for "AURIX TC277x TFT Application Kit Firmware", or any other basic example.

I tried by adding (in Application_Kit_TC277TF\1_ToolEnv\0_Build\9_Make\Defines.mk) the line below:

CREATE_OUT_HEX_FILES:=yes

Warning: Use of undefined constant hex - assumed 'hex' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\Tools\BifacesWin64\Php\Templates\Defines_mk.php on line 92
ifeq ($(strip $(CREATE_OUT_HEX_FILES)),yes)
B_GEN_HEX_TRICORE_TC:= 2_Out/Tricore_Gnuc/$(PROJ_NAME)_$(CORETYP_MAIN).hex
else
B_GEN_HEX_TRICORE_TC:=
endif

so that I actually have an .hex file generated, but it is only 1KB (versus 25KB of .elf) and it seems to be corrupted... (if I try to open it with memtool an error arises)

Thank you so much in advance,

Stefano
0 Likes
1 Reply
Shibaev
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

As I understand it, .hex is generated from .elf using the tricore-objcopy.exe utility. In my make managed project, I enabled hex like this (see screenshot). In your case, you need to do the same, that is, for .efl, run tricore-objcopy with parameters.

Regards, Gennadiy Shibaev

изображение_2021-12-06_112104.png

0 Likes