Generate a full applicative in RAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
FabioMazza
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

I would like to execute a full applicative in psram0, in order to use it as a flash writer bootstrap.

I can't manage to get the linker to do what i want, almost all should be mapped already to RAM but it complains about trap vector interrupt and reset address.

FabioMazza_0-1676626180159.png

Can you help me to understand what i can do to accomplish my needs? I attach also the actual linker file.

Last note, i'm using the option "--non-romable" for the linker

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
asab
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi @FabioMazza ,

I have attached the modified file.

Suggestion is not to use the C segment for the code when you want to build single elf file. Rather use the segments 7 and 6 respectively for the PSPRs of CPU0 and CPU1.

Rest of the linker file remains more-or-less same. Please find the changed file as attached below.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

I have seen some MACROs are changed for trapvec, could you increase its size to see if it can fit the section?

dw_0-1676874053284.png

0 Likes
FabioMazza
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello, those defines does not change the size, just the starting addresses, and the modification that you suggested bring back the code to flash, not ram, 0xc0000000 is the starting address of psram0 where i want all the code to be.

FabioMazza_0-1676981156887.png

In the above image you can see how an .hex file looks like when all the code is mapped in psram0

0 Likes
lock attach
asab
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi @FabioMazza ,

I have attached the modified file.

Suggestion is not to use the C segment for the code when you want to build single elf file. Rather use the segments 7 and 6 respectively for the PSPRs of CPU0 and CPU1.

Rest of the linker file remains more-or-less same. Please find the changed file as attached below.

0 Likes