Flashing .hex file with the Infineon Memtool

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
new_aurix_dev
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked First like given 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I've developed a project for the TC377 board inside the Aurix Development Studio. Inside ADS it is possible to compile and flash within the IDE.

Now, for various reasons, I've ported the project to the TASKING IDE (TriCore VX Software Development Toolset - Overview | TASKING), and I can't find any similar functionality to flash the board in the TASKING environment, as in ADS.

This led me to trying to flash the generated .hex file with the Infineon Memtool, however when trying to flash I get the following message:

new_aurix_dev_1-1679674681811.png

And since I'm a bit of a rookie, I'm scared I will brick my board.

So I'm just wondering how I can make sure my board will survive the flashing, or if there's an alternative "idiot-proof" way of flashing with the TASKING toolset.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
new_aurix_dev
Level 2
Level 2

Actually, I managed to find two solutions that I think works, firstly I just skipped writing to the UCB, and that does seem to work.

But also, the "AurixFlasher.exe", which ADS uses to flash can be found in "Your_Install_Path\AURIX-Studio-1.9.0\plugins\com.infineon.aurix.tools_1.9.0\build_system\tools\AurixFlasher_v2.5.3.0". And it can be run independently of ADS by executing the following in cmd:

AurixFlasher.exe -elf "pathToElf\elfFile.elf"
or
AurixFlasher.exe -hex "pathToHex\hexFile.hex"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
new_aurix_dev
Level 2
Level 2

Actually, I managed to find two solutions that I think works, firstly I just skipped writing to the UCB, and that does seem to work.

But also, the "AurixFlasher.exe", which ADS uses to flash can be found in "Your_Install_Path\AURIX-Studio-1.9.0\plugins\com.infineon.aurix.tools_1.9.0\build_system\tools\AurixFlasher_v2.5.3.0". And it can be run independently of ADS by executing the following in cmd:

AurixFlasher.exe -elf "pathToElf\elfFile.elf"
or
AurixFlasher.exe -hex "pathToHex\hexFile.hex"

0 Likes