Flash tools for Aurix TC3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored
Hi all

I'm new to Aurix, Just getting a demo board and trying to compile and re-download a demo SW. What tools shall I use to read the actual SW present on the demoboard and download a SW?

thanks
0 Likes
6 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
AURIX Development Studio (ADS) will aslo download the code (erase/write the flash) when you debug the target (AppKit / TriBoard / Lite)
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
Yes, I've seen but it seems a build in funcionality that I can't use as stand alone. There are some other tools available?
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
FD_Aurix wrote:
Yes, I've seen but it seems a build in funcionality that I can't use as stand alone. There are some other tools available?

AURIX Development Studio also includes a separate flash tool for flashing only and avoid debugging:
4931.attach

By clicking this button it will build the active project and flash it into your device.

If you want to use this tool separately, you need to copy the software and its needed files and libraries into a separate folder, and then run the command "AurixFlasher.exe -hex "path to the .hex file"" or "AurixFlasher.exe -elf "path to the .elf file"" from the folder where you copied the tool.
Usually, you can find the tool in the ADS installation folder following "\plugins\com.infineon.aurix.tools_1.3.0\build_system\tools\AurixFlasher_v2.2.1.0"
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All

One question About aurix flasher. Does it write the UCB section all the time if the UCB addresses are defined into the elf file?

0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

In AURIX TC3xx no, the currently released version only writes the software in program flash and skips the UCB.