Flash Read Protection make Debug Port Secure in TC37x

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jamber
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins First like received

Hi,

I set the PROCONPF.RPRO bit in UCB_PFLASH, just do this only, not set UCB_DBG, but after reset I can't connect the debugger, and it said "debug port secured", shown as picture:

UCB_PFLASH.png

In user manual, it said if start from internal flash, SSW will clear read protection:

StartFromFlash.png

I want to know why Flash Read Protection make the Debug Port secured and how to save my chip?

Best regards

Jamber

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

What about the OCDSDIS and DBGIFLCK configurations? You can unlock it by providing the correct password if OCDSDIS and DBGIFLCK are also locked. If OCDSDIS and DBGIFLCK are not locked, then SSW can not unlock and you need to have a provision in your application for application. I recommend you refer to the AP32399 application note in the myICP.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Jamber
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, 

I know why Debug Port Secured according to UserManual:

2022-04-24_160548.png

But how to save this chip? 

Best regards

Jamber

Yuva

Hello,

What about the OCDSDIS and DBGIFLCK configurations? You can unlock it by providing the correct password if OCDSDIS and DBGIFLCK are also locked. If OCDSDIS and DBGIFLCK are not locked, then SSW can not unlock and you need to have a provision in your application for application. I recommend you refer to the AP32399 application note in the myICP.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Jamber
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, Yuva

Thank you for your reply. I set Flash Read Protection only, debug port is not locked, so I think this chip can't be unlocked anymore.

Best Regards

Jamber

0 Likes
Yuva

Hello @Jamber ,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Thanks.

0 Likes