First SW download on an empty TC3xx

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

Hi all

I'd like to see all the possible way to download for the first time a SW on a virgin (brand new empty) TC3xx.

Trough the Hw configuration pin is possible to select between 3 possible Bootstrap mode

• ASC Boostrap loader Mode
  • Generic Bootstrap loader mode ASC
  • Generic Bootstrap loader mode CAN

For each mode where I can find some information about the protocol?

Is possible to flash also an empty TC3xx from the DAP?  Where I can find information about this mode?

0 Likes
15 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi FD_aurix,

if I am not wrong all this should be part of available documentation.
Please first look by yourself, second ask only if it comes to problems, third don't expect others reading the documentation for your sake 🙂 You will find all the information inside myICP.

Regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Hi TBencher

I've asked because I was not able to find any usefull information into the documentation I've (or I've access...). 

In the user manual is present a quite well described part related to the CAN boostrap loader algorithm but not more (3.1.1.5 Boot Options Summary  and 3.1.1.6 Boot Mode evaluation sequence). For example I totally can't find any reference to the DAP algorithm and for the Serial bootloader only a short paragraph is present.

I've used other infineon uC (XE and XC2000 family) and all the sequence was pretty well documented with also example of implementation so I was looking to something similar also for this core.

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

I think what I was looking for  was the AP32272 but seems no more available.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/AURIX/Where-can-I-find-application-note-AP32272/m-p/317272/highlig...

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi FD_aurix,

please find in User Manual Part 1 an entire chapter describing the Bootstrap-Loader Mechanism.

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Are you referring to  3.1.3 ? It is one of the paragraph I was referring before, I just forgot to mention it. 

"In the user manual is present a quite well described part related to the CAN boostrap loader algorithm but not more"

BTW. thanks for the answer ! 

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Yes I did. But there is another App-Note available which could fit your expectation.

AURIX 2nd Generation startup and initialization AP32272

Regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Sorry, I meant AP32381.

Regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks again for your answer. The AP you report above do not contains the infromation relative to bootstrap.

I was looking to something similar to this for the AUDO MAX TC1

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/AP3213211_TriCore_AUDO_F_Bootloader.pdf?fileId=db3a30431d8a6b3c011d960...

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Ah I know what you mean.
Just use this as an orientation, it should work 🙂

Regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Yes I also suppose that it might be similar or equal.. Probably they do not reinvented the wheel 😀.... But it will make sense to have something updated to the proper TC generation 

In any case the DAP part is still totally missing.. 

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Because many customers use other Interfaces then ASC, there is actually no need for it.
DAP is normally supposed to be used as a debug port. Because of the higher data rates it might
cause problems during production. Hence ASC or CAN are fine.

Regards,

TBencher

FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Any update from IFX? 

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi FD_aurix,

do you like me to ask IFX for a current App-Note?
So far I am not aware of any updates.

Regards,

TBencher

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

No, I'm gratefull for your replies above ! . I was only wandering if someone from IFX could reply.  

This is a forum handled by infineon, theoretically it is also presented as a "support" tool directly from them. Maybe IFX should put more resources on this. Other supplier support forums are mooore active and kept alive.

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi FD_aurix,

this forum is still developing. Here is way more support from IFX than actually used to be. But you are right, it is also still improvable. You know, some companies have less technical capabilities but more support, and some companies like IFX have better products but improvable support. In terms of AURIX MCUs, you surely need support. I think that is just a matter of time until comparable support will be delivered. In case you are developing for a company, which wants to build products in medium to high quantities, you could also choose one of Infineon's Preferred Design Houses. They will deliver way more support.

Regards,

TBencher

0 Likes