Eval Board Question: Info to make sure my Aurix TC367 Triboard (V2.01) is socketed correctly

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Michael_Krueger
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given First question asked

Hello,

I ordered the TC367 Starter Kit V2.0 with the TC3x7 AURIX evaluation board (V2.01). It is a socketed board. When I opened the package the micro (TC367) appears to be loose. 

Is there a video showing how to socket the micro? Even a video for a different board, but same style socket would be helpful. I also want to verify the orientation of the micro. I see a dot in the bottom left corner but do not see any indicator on the physical socket.

I also looked for info in the "Infineon-TriBoardManual_TC3X71-UserManual-v02_01-EN.pdf" and could not find any discussion about the orientation or socketing. I apologize if I missed it.

I have attached a picture of how it arrived. As I said it is loose. If I turn the board upside-down the micro would fall out. I assume it should be latched down somehow.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

cwunder_0-1658350663533.png

It looks like you have it 180 degrees off. See this picture.

cwunder_0-1658381061799.jpeg

To seat the device simply push down on the sides of the socket and then the device will seat. Then slowly release it. The socket has two clamps on the two sides to hold the device in place.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

cwunder_0-1658350663533.png

It looks like you have it 180 degrees off. See this picture.

cwunder_0-1658381061799.jpeg

To seat the device simply push down on the sides of the socket and then the device will seat. Then slowly release it. The socket has two clamps on the two sides to hold the device in place.