Dual Channel CAN FD loosing messages randomly in CAN driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
naveenkumar
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear AURIX Forum members,

My project has TC367v0 MCU embedded and we are using Infineon/TRICORE TC39XX drivers delivered from INFN.

CAN driver version: V10.10.1 AS4.2.2

TX/RX processing type: INTERRUPT

Currently we are facing below issue.

-We have 2 CAN FD Channels and on channel1 CAN1 we have 65 Messages/Frames [50 RX, 15 TX] (41 Application, 3 DIA, 1 XCP, 6 NM frames)
and in Channel2 CAN2 we have 7 Messages/Frames and No TX Frames.

- On channel1 CAN1 Out of 50 RX frames we are getting issue for 3 set of frames where CAN IDs are 1041, 1043,1044 respectively. Randomly and some times often the frame is  missing from driver and not notifying to application, this leads to serious customer issues. Missing frames are observed for 1 to 1.2 sec in customer test even though bus load is around 58%.

Please let me know if you face this kind of issues. Any information to fix in driver level is really appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi naveenkumar,

Could you please tell are you using MCAL 4.22? 

dw

0 Likes
naveenkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dw,

We are using below McalLib Version

SW Version 20.10.0
AR version 4.2.2

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi naveenkumar,

For MCAL, this is not discussed here. Please contact your local disiti or sales representative for consult.

dw

0 Likes
naveenkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Dw,

thanks for your kind reply. i have one question related to TC39XX Specification.
since i have more than 58 RX frames available in the project configured with dedicated mail box.
so my question is that does it really support 58 dedicated mail boxes ? as in the specification it is mentioned that it will support up to 64 dedicated RX mail boxes.

Any information related to this or document will really helpful for my analysis.
thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi NaveenKumar

For FIFO and QUEUE mode, the user should read messages in time. If don't read in time, the FIFO/QUEUE will be full, and will send alarms to SMU.

Please refer to 40.3.2.4 Rx Handling in AURIXTC3XX_um_part2_v2.0.pdf

dw

0 Likes