Differential DSADC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EthanHunt
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 likes given

Hi All,

I am trying to configure  Differential DSADC (using two input pins, positive and negative ) on TC38A Controller using Infineon low level drivers.

Could some one help me  on configuring the DSADC or give me a link for the differential DSADC  driver for TC38A controller.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi EthanHunt.  Are you using AURIX Developer Studio?  I recommend starting with the Infineon Low-Level Device Drivers (iLLD).  In ADS, you can find the iLLD documentation under "Further Documentation" in the lower left.  Within the help file, you can find an example for each driver under Modules / Peripheral name.  For example, for DSADC:

C_Wrangler_0-1675190618694.png

You can also download the demo code within ADS via File / Import / Infineon / AURIX Development Studio Project, and then enter EDSADC under "Search Code Examples".  There's an example for the TC375 or TC397, which ought to be close enough to the TC387 to get you started.

ADS pulls its examples from github, if you'd rather do it the hard way:

https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples/tree/master/code_examples

View solution in original post

8 Replies
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee

Hi EthanHunt.  Are you using AURIX Developer Studio?  I recommend starting with the Infineon Low-Level Device Drivers (iLLD).  In ADS, you can find the iLLD documentation under "Further Documentation" in the lower left.  Within the help file, you can find an example for each driver under Modules / Peripheral name.  For example, for DSADC:

C_Wrangler_0-1675190618694.png

You can also download the demo code within ADS via File / Import / Infineon / AURIX Development Studio Project, and then enter EDSADC under "Search Code Examples".  There's an example for the TC375 or TC397, which ought to be close enough to the TC387 to get you started.

ADS pulls its examples from github, if you'd rather do it the hard way:

https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples/tree/master/code_examples

Hi µC_Wrangler ,

Thank you for the information. I have few doubts regarding pin mapping

I have two inputs pins for configuring  DSADC (positive and negative input pins).

Also  found the below structure in iLLD  which are required to initialize the channel pins

typedef struct
{
IFX_CONST IfxEdsadc_Cin_In *cin; /**< \brief the CIN Pin which should be configured */
IfxPort_InputMode cinMode; /**< \brief the CIN pin input mode which should be configured */
IFX_CONST IfxEdsadc_Din_In *din; /**< \brief the DIN Pin which should be configured */
IfxPort_InputMode dinMode; /**< \brief the DIN pin input mode which should be configured */
IFX_CONST IfxEdsadc_Itr_In *itr; /**< \brief the ITR Pin which should be configured */
IfxPort_InputMode itrMode; /**< \brief the ITR pin input mode which should be configured */
IFX_CONST IfxEdsadc_Dsn_In *dsn; /**< \brief the DSN Pin which should be configured */
IfxPort_InputMode dsnMode; /**< \brief the DSN pin output mode which should be configured */
IFX_CONST IfxEdsadc_Dsp_In *dsp; /**< \brief the DSP Pin which should be configured */
IfxPort_InputMode dspMode; /**< \brief the DSP pin output mode which should be configured */
IfxPort_PadDriver pinDriver; /**< \brief Pin Driver Configuration */
} IfxEdsadc_Edsadc_ChannelPins;

What is CIN pin, DIN pin, ITR pin, DSN pin, DSP pin, CGPWM pin ?

Thank you,

EthanHunt.

0 Likes

See 33.4 Input Channel Configuration on page 1290 of AURIXTC3XX_um_part2_v2.0.pdf for details on each, but here's a quick summary:

CIN Modulator clock input
DIN Digital datastream input
ITR Integrator Trigger Mode (Trigger/Gate input)
DSN Negative analog input
DSP Positive analog input
CGPWM Carrier generator output

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi µC_Wrangler ,

Thank you for the explanation of the pin mapping structure.

Following the ADS (AURIX Developer Studio). I have configured DSADC (TC38A) in singled ended mode using P004 as input.  And I tried to obtain the result, but output value (raw adc value) is always in the range of 0xFFE8 to 0xFFEA and it is not varying even if the input signal is varied.

Can you please check the attached DSADC driver initialization/configuration, especially DSADC Pin configuration (which is not present in ADS Documentation). And please give me your feedback whether the initialization/configuration is correct or not. 

Thanks,

EthanHunt.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi µC_Wrangler ,

Also, I have downloaded Aurix Development studio and under iLLD_TC38A, tried to open the documentation but nothing is opening. (Have attached the screenshot for the same)

Am I missing something ?

Thanks,

EthanHunt

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @EthanHunt ,

Please go to download the related demo as the Wrangler suggested.

BR,

Jeremy

µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee

Looks like maybe a Windows security thing.  Can you locate the chm file and try this unblock option from the Explorer Properties menu?

C_Wrangler_1-1675268780250.png

Hi µC_Wrangler ,

Now I can open the Documentation after trying the unblock option. Thank you so much for the quick support.  

0 Likes