Device Access Server (DAS) usage with USB 1.0 ports?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
In the Release Notes for Device Access Server (DAS) version 3.3.1 the first note tells me the following:...

1. For SPD a device connection is only established if the miniWiggler is using a high speed USB 2.0 port, hub and quality cables. JTAG and DAP are not affected by this restriction.

Why is this SPD device connection via the miniWiggler not backward compatible with USB 1.0 ports???

I ask because VMware Virtual Machines emulate the USB by means of version 1.0 only and not high speed 2.0, thus this restriction disables me from using virtual machines for DAP/SPD functionality. 😞

Looking forward to either a "good explanation why" or a "(non-supported) work around"...

Best regards, Johan.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Albrecht
Employee
Employee
Please see my answers in your two other threads just started.

-- Albrecht
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Albrecht,

Thanks. This double entry of my question was the result of some sort of browser error on my side which made me belief my first entry was lost in cyberspace. That's why I re-entered it. But somehow lateron both popped up... 🙂

Best regards, Johan.

P.S. If possible the Moderator of this forum can delete this whole thread. The three posts in this thread do not contain any usefull information...
0 Likes