Dealing with 12 Important Rising Edges

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Euan_Andrew
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi all,

Newcomer to the Aurix family here. I am using a SAK-TC366DP-64F300S AA to control six gate drivers, each with a FAULT and READY output. Ideally, I'd like to generate an interrupt on the rising edge of all of these. However, my understanding from the User Manual is that GPIO interrupts are generated from the External Request Unit, which only has eight input channels. Each of these channels has an input multiplexer though, with inputs A-F, however, it looks as though you can only monitor one at a time.

What is the preferred way to generate interrupts on a rising edge when you have more signals than you do ERU channels?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

I think you can do it with enough TIM channels on GTM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
KB
10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi Euan_Andrew,

There are up-to 8 ERU Input Channels with 6 input lines per channel.
Since only one among 6 lines must be selected per channel, the maximum possible external interrupt source is 8(maximum number of channels available).

KB_0-1651214823123.png

Even with 8 external interrupt sources, only 4 OGUs are capable of generating interrupt requests to CPU/DMA, hence you may need to combine some signals.

KB_1-1651214859453.png

From my understanding you may not be able to generate interrupts for all the 12 signals using on-chip solution.
I think you may need to use off-chip solution like MSDI etc.  However I will check if there's any way  AURIX alone can meet your requirement and will let you know if there's any update.

Thank you.

Regards,
KB

0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored

I think you can do it with enough TIM channels on GTM

0 Likes

Can you set up the GTM to simply generate an interrupt on a rising edge? If so, are there any application notes or examples you are aware of?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

For TC2x devices, there is AP32213 application note. For TC3x devices, you may refer to section 28.13.4.2.3 in the UM part 2.

Thanks. 

0 Likes