DAS 7.3.7 error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GeorgeCh
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First solution authored

Hello,

I've just installed aurixide_1.7.2_Windows_x64.exe and I can see that DAS 7.3.7 was also installed(installer in AURIX Development Studio install dir) but it does not work.  Trying to flash a project results in an error

Aurix Flasher 2.5.3.0, built on 3/17/2022 3:12:47 PM
DASWRAPPER::ERROR init DAS API. Do you have DAS drivers installed?

Overall time: 123 ms
AurixFlasher Exit Status: Fail
DAS struct not initialized
Flashing failed

But DAS is installed, just that it does not work. -> see attached picture.

I've tried with reboots and reinstalls but to no avail.

Thanks for the help,

George

PS1: If I install DAS_V7.1.8 it works, but when trying to start a debug session a popup informs me that DAS 7.3.7 is needed.

PS2: Windows 10 X64

PS3: I have a TC334 Lite Kit

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
GeorgeCh
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so found the issue.

Further inspection of  InstalationLog.txt reveals some keys being created in windows registry and one of them is DAS_HOME located in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment.

In my case this entry was not created.

My solution was:

1. Create DAS_HOME key with the value indicating the path to DAS64 folder, eg: "C:\\Program Files\\DAS64" in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

2. Reboot PC.

3. Profit!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi,

I have found the release notes from the current DAS version. Since development systems are quite different, you know I have Mac OS and everything else inside an emulator for example, many things could be the reason for such errors. Please look inside the notes as follows... Hopefully that helps...

/**********************************************************/

1. Upgrading DAS: If you upgrade from an older DAS version, please check your setup with the old version directly before the installation of the new version.
    This allows to distinguish clearly between the rare problems caused by a new DAS version and all kind of problems completely unrelated to the installation.

2. Duration of the Installation: Depending on the status of your Windows registry (in particular in case lots of software is installed), the installation may take several minutes, due to the USB driver installation. There is no defined limit, installation times of 10 minutes have been observed, in particular on 64 bit Windows versions. If possible please avoid terminating the installation.

Hint: You can check the status of dpinst.exe with the Windows task manager.

3. Use USB 3.0 or high speed USB 2.0: Please use always at least USB 2.0 ports, hubs and quality cables. This prevents all kind of problems, in particular also very sporadic failures.
    SPD: For an SPD device connection this is a mandatory prerequisite.

USB power supply: Please use a dedicated power supply for USB hubs when several USB devices are connected.

4. Reset pull-up: After releasing reset on the target board, the reset has to be deactivated within 200μs after the tool releases the pin. Therefore ensure that the reset pin pull-up on the target board has a low enough value to deactivate the reset. Otherwise the DAS halt after resetfunction may not work or the device is not even recognized.

5. Conflicts with other USB devices: There is a general issue with the USB infrastructure and its implementations, that not all components fulfill highest quality requirements. It has been observed in rare cases that the combination of miniWiggler(s) and other USB HW, connected over USB hubs can result in crashes of the PC. This is highly dependent on the used USB HW and drivers.

Usually these problems disappear if the USB hub (possibly also as part of a notebook docking station) is removed or a different type of hub is used.
    It may also be necessary to use another USB port of your computer.
    Another general root cause for such crashes are ground loops via long USB and other cables. This can even damage the USB port of a PC. Please check if there is a risk in your setup.

1. FT2232H and FT2232D chips: The USB driver of the FTDI USB to serial chips, used for the miniWiggler and on-board wigglers, will sporadically fail (after hours or days) if a mixture of FT2232H and FT2232D chips is used. FT2232H and FT2232D chips can be easily distinguished by their package size.

All new evaluation boards and miniWigglers use the faster FT2232H chip.

2. Firewall: Please ensure that your firewall settings allow the socket based communication between the DAS components. It must be possible to start a DAS Server with the DAS Server Control Panel.

3. Enabling the JTAG interface: The miniWiggler has a signal with a pull-up connected to a connector “GND” pin (JPD pin 19 of Automotive JTAG connector or GND pin 12 of OCDS L1 connector of the old miniWigglers). This is used by the UDAS server to check whether the target is connected with JTAG or not.

Please ensure that this pin is connected to GND in case of JTAG.

4. Uninstallation: DAS cannot be automatically uninstalled by an application. Reason is that DAS is possibly used by several applications like debuggers, flash programmer tools, etc.
    Please use the regular Windows procedures to uninstall DAS. For instance on Windows 7:

Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall or change a program -> Select DAS

10. Virtual machines: It is discouraged to run DAS on a virtual machine when the Access HW (miniWiggler etc.) is connected via USB. The performance of such a setup is very low. With virtual machines, a reliable SPD connection (if possible at all) cannot be guaranteed. (See also to point 3.)

11. Corrupted USB driver configuration: Windows shows warnings like: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing." In this case please refer to:
"C:/Program Files/DAS/others/driver/clean_old_drivstore/readme.txt"

/***********************************************************/

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes

Hey. I've seen this, and tried to no avail.

0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Please check that your directory c:\windows\sytem32 contain the file DAS_API.dll. Maybe you don't have the correct rights to replace this file with the installation...

0 Likes
GeorgeCh
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately the file is there.

The thing that baffles me is why an older version works ...

0 Likes
GeorgeCh
Level 1
Level 1

So, I've checked the InstalationLog.txt and confirmed that the dll's it copies are where they should be. Still, the issue persist. 

The search continues..........

0 Likes
lock attach
GeorgeCh
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so found the issue.

Further inspection of  InstalationLog.txt reveals some keys being created in windows registry and one of them is DAS_HOME located in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment.

In my case this entry was not created.

My solution was:

1. Create DAS_HOME key with the value indicating the path to DAS64 folder, eg: "C:\\Program Files\\DAS64" in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

2. Reboot PC.

3. Profit!

0 Likes