DAP over CAN(DXCPL) using MiniWiggler V3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
D1
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I want to use DXCPL  : DAP over CAN using MiniWiggler.

I have read AP32264 : DXCPL and AP56004 : MiniWiggler V3 . After reading this, I can make sure that Miniwiggler has capability to use with DXCPL but still unable to gauge what things need to be done to communicate to Aurix micro via DXCPL using Miniwiggler.  I don't want to use third party converters.

Here is what I think, 

• Hardware setup :
    • Aurix micro's P14.1& P14.0 pins are connected to CAN transceiver
    • MiniWiggler's SPD pins should be connected with CAN transceiver.
  • We need to set frontend identifiers in Miniwiggler to H-L-H for CAN transceiver for DXCPL (DAP over CAN Physical Layer)(Page 10 : AP56004) : I assume this things help communicate using SPD(Single Pin DAP)
  • Drive DXCPL Activation sequence  (Page 7 : AP32264) :May be via other micro having CAN transceiver.
  • Communicate using SPD via CAN transceiver attached to miniwiggler

Please guide me to use MiniWiggler to communicate to Aurix via DXCPL.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello , 

I did some testing and checked with some colleagues and unfortunately there is no way to use the Miniwligger as DXCPL  you need a special hardware which adapt the CAN transceiver. With miniWiggler is this not possible.

there are some vendors like PLS https://www.pls-mc.com/ that support DXCPL with their tools.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee

Hello , 

I did some testing and checked with some colleagues and unfortunately there is no way to use the Miniwligger as DXCPL  you need a special hardware which adapt the CAN transceiver. With miniWiggler is this not possible.

there are some vendors like PLS https://www.pls-mc.com/ that support DXCPL with their tools.

0 Likes
D1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Thanks for the answer. Can you just go through my question and description again. I want to use Miniwiggler plus CAN transceiver to use DXCPL with separate DXCPL activation.  Also can you share me some technical details why Miniwiggler will not work?

Thanks

0 Likes
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

when I did my testing I connected the miniwligger to an external CAN transceiver ,  so basically my connections were:

from MiniWligger:

Vref set to 3.3v volts

FEIx set to DXCPL (FEI1 set to low)

DAP1O (TDI) to CAN TX

DAP1 (TDO) to CAN RX

and then from the CAN transceiver CAN-H and CAN-L to the development board .

I was able to see activity on the DAP pins and CAN frames where visible, however the tool (infineon memtool) never detected the device.

I repeated the test with the professional version of PLS memtool and I notice that in order to use DXCPL you need to select that protocol in the Memtool settings, (SPD over CAN) and I had to use the UDE Pro 2 in order to successfully connect. (so I had a working baseline to compare)

one problem I saw is that even if the miniWligger is set to SPD, the PC tool does not  know that the device is set as SPD over CAN. I look at several tools that use the miniWligger  and I  could not find where to select SPD over CAN (PLS has a option for UDE Pro). Additionally seems like the DAP frequency is also in many cases fixed to 20MHz or 1MHz, but no less (again PLS allows me to select 250k, 500k) so in theory 1MHz should work with the transceiver I had (max 1Mbps) .

But even selecting 1MHz I was unable to have a connection to the device. So it may be a firmware limitation in the miniWligger or the PC tools that use it simply do not support this mode.

0 Likes
D1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

1. Did you apply/observe the DXCPL activation sequence(AP32264 Section 1.1)? You need to supply 512 clock cycles(minimum). I am not sure if Miniwiggler can supply this for the the DXCPL mode.   
  2. When you selected, DXCPL mode in MiniWiggler, Were you able to observe any activity on other DAP pins? I want to make sure that setting FEIx pins, SPD gets enabled in Miniwiggler. 
  3. May I ask for MiniWiggler V3.1 schematic?

Thanks

0 Likes
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee

Hi , yes I saw the activation sequence in the DAP1, and when I connect the miniWligger to the DAS Scanner it listed as SPD.

I did not tested other DAP pins.

MiniWligger schematic may be available but you need to requested to you local FAE.

ugo_8a_0-1658521731844.png

0 Likes
D1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the information.  I want to confirm few things.

1. FEI1 pin corresponds to BCBUS1 i.e. Pin No 52 in FT2322H, Is that correct?
  2. I think this are irrelevant: Considering AP24003 Section 5.3, DAP0 is L and DAP1 is H while reset release. Did you observe this?
  3. In your snapshot, What do D0 and D1 correspond to? I assume they are DAP0 and DAP1 respectively.

Best,

0 Likes
D1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Could you please confirm above? I want to try at my end with the above changes. I want to drive SPD signals from Miniwiggler.  

Thanks

0 Likes
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee

Hi , sorry but I have quite busy in several urgent topics see attached Images for the FEIx pins

ugo_8a_0-1659011148144.png

0 Likes
D1
Level 1
Level 1

I can understand. Thank you for the image. I will keep you posted.

0 Likes