Confirmation on status of DBGIFLCK and RPRO after receiving correct password

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Gopi
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

I'm trying to enable debug and flash protection. The OCDS ,DBGIFLCK and RPRO bits set.

Upon receiving the password , I'm calling disable protection command sequence for UCB_DBG for disabling  protection and I'm verifying PRODISDBG this bit for password match . If we have received correct password

1)whether the hardware itself will clear DBGIFLCK and RPRO or manually developer needs to clear it

2)After successful disable of protection for UCB_DBG , does it disable for UCB_PFLASH as well or any specific command sequence need to be followed to disable flash protection.

Regards,

J Gopinadh

0 Likes
1 Solution
Karishma_S
50 solutions authored First comment on blog 250 sign-ins

Hi @Gopi,

1. Load page and write burst commands are used to write data into UCBs. The PROCONDBG or PROCONPF registers are loaded during start-up (or reset) from the UCBs.

2. As mentioned in the AURIX_TC3xx_Part1-UserManual, the password protection of only the selected UCB (if this UCB offers this feature) is temporarily disabled by setting DMU_HF_PROTECT.PRODISx (with “x” indicating the Pflash, Dflash or DBG UCB) or DMU_HF_PROTECT.SRT when all the passwords PW0–PW7 match their configured values in the corresponding UCB. 
The DBGIFLCK & RPRO bits are not cleared automatically.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Nambi
50 likes received 5 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi,

1. DMU_HF_PROCONDBG.DBGIFLCK and HF_PROCONPF.RPRO bits are read-only for the software.
2. RPRO depends on UCB configuration. You can refer to "PFLASH and DFLASH Read Protection" in AURIXTC3XX_ts_part1_V2.5.1.pdf

Best Regards.

0 Likes
Gopi
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

1) I'm setting  DMU_HF_PROCONDBG.DBGIFLCK and HF_PROCONPF.RPRO bits using Flash commands like load page, write burst. Is this a proper way of setting these bits?

2)Since these bits are set, after receiving correct password whether hardware will clear these bits(DBGIFLCK & RPRO) automatically?

0 Likes
Karishma_S

Hi @Gopi,

1. Load page and write burst commands are used to write data into UCBs. The PROCONDBG or PROCONPF registers are loaded during start-up (or reset) from the UCBs.

2. As mentioned in the AURIX_TC3xx_Part1-UserManual, the password protection of only the selected UCB (if this UCB offers this feature) is temporarily disabled by setting DMU_HF_PROTECT.PRODISx (with “x” indicating the Pflash, Dflash or DBG UCB) or DMU_HF_PROTECT.SRT when all the passwords PW0–PW7 match their configured values in the corresponding UCB. 
The DBGIFLCK & RPRO bits are not cleared automatically.

0 Likes
Karishma_S

Please let us know if your query is resolved.

We will wait for 3 days and then lock this thread. In case your problem is not resolved, please create a new thread and we will be happy to help. 

0 Likes
Gopi
Level 2
Level 2

Hi karishma shaik,

Please lock the thread, i was still working on this i guess it will take more time.

i'll create new thread for further queries.

Regards,

J Gopinadh.

0 Likes