Configure flash target in Aurix Development Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lwip
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted 5 sign-ins
Hi,

I imported the example project "Automotive_Gateway_24V_ETH_LWIP_HTTPD" into Aurix Development Studio 1.9.0 on Windows 10 and adjusted the build settings to build with tricore-gcc. The build succeeds and generates the binary in 2_Out/Tricore_Gnuc/${ProjectName}.elf.

However, the built-in "Flash Active Project" toggle does not work. When clicking the button, two operations are queued. "Build Project" and "Flash device". The build works and I can briefly see that some process is "Searching for binaries". But I don't get any command line output from the Aurix Flasher.

Verifications I did: When creating a new project, the built-in flash option works. When calling the AurixFlasher.exe with the .elf File, it flashes onto the TC397 and runs as expected.

Question: How can I configure the flash process correctly, so that I can flash from within the IDE and don't have to run Aurix Flasher manually?

Possibly related issues: When trying to debug the program (which is not a requirement for me) I get different warnings:

"An internal error occurred during: "Launching Auromotive_Gateway_24V_ETH_LWIP_HTTPD". Cannot invoke "java.lang.Integer.intValue()" because the return value of "java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicReference.get()" is null"
- or -
"Launching ${ProjectName} has encountered a problem: [...].elf is not a binary file supported within this project"
"The processors.xml file could not be found or is invalid. Check if the product directory is set correctly"

Best,
Lukas
0 Likes
1 Solution
lwip
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately it was not possible for me to fully get behind how the Aurix Development Studio configures the flash target in an existing project.

Therefore, I ended up using other tools than the Aurix Development Studio, which in my case are command line utilities in combination with VS Code.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Lucas, if you first trial ETH_LWIP project, please note that it is old-styled build using BIFACES.  To use BIFACES, you could download from myICP and configure the compiler PATH, which supports Tasking/Hightec/Greenhills/Windriver. You can use Tasking compiler (evaluation or commercial version) as a start. Once you installed BIFACES and configured proper compiler in .xml file, then you can try to build the whole project.

0 Likes
lwip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

thanks for pointing out that BIFACES is the old-style build environment. I chose the project because it is, to my knowledge, the only FreeRTOS sample project readily available for the Tricore.

For clarification, I have set up the build toolchain successfully and can build the project which generates a valid .elf binary. I  can even flash the binary, but I must do so manually.

How can I configure the built-in flash option to just run Aurix Flasher with the generated .elf binary? Something is going wrong when I click the flash button but I don't get any console output.

Best,
Lukas

0 Likes
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Lukas,

For programming, there are several tools.

1) Memtool to flash .hex file

2) UDE from PLS which can program .elf and do debugging. You can download a free version UDE Starterkit 2021 inside Hightec package at here.

0 Likes
lwip
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately it was not possible for me to fully get behind how the Aurix Development Studio configures the flash target in an existing project.

Therefore, I ended up using other tools than the Aurix Development Studio, which in my case are command line utilities in combination with VS Code.

0 Likes