Cannot connect to the USB serial port on the AURIX TFT TC397 demo board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Roger_Florida
Level 3
Level 3
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I have a brand new AURIX TFT TC397 board which has a USB port that can be used for debugging and/or as a serial port interface.  The Infineon documentation that I have indicates that I just need to plug it in to a USB port on my computer and it will automatically setup a serial port interface.

I have tried this on two different Windows laptops, one running Windows 10 and the other Windows 11.  By observing Device Manager, neither one even indicates that I have plugged anything into a USB port, nor sets up a virtual COM port.  There is nothing wrong with the USB port because it powers the target board and the demo firmware on that board runs just fine.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Roger_Florida
Level 3
Level 3

It was a bad cable.  I found a different cable and can now debug via ADS and also see a COM Port in Device Manager.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Roger,

Please check if give power to the board? Have you installed ADS and DAS?

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/tools/aurix-tools/free-tools/infineon/

dw_0-1652231084207.png

dw

0 Likes
Roger_Florida
Level 3
Level 3

Installed DAS Servers.png

I have a DAS64 and this is what I see when I run the tools inside the directory.  I don't know what ADS is. I am not using a miniWiggler or anything like that because eventually I will be debugging using the PLS UAD debugger.

UDAS.png

0 Likes
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Roger,

Could you please install ADS (Aurix Development Studio) and try to flash a demo project into the board?https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.aurixide

Generally, ADS will use integrated DAS automatically, so you don't need to run DAS seperatedly.

dw

0 Likes

I grabbed a generic project for the TC39x and built it. Then I selected a generic target (not sure if that is a problem or not. But I got this error.

Roger_Florida_0-1652303043467.png

Error creating session
The debug instrument IO could not be initialized.
The GDI debug instrument provided the following error message.
Could not open Access HW

0 Likes
Roger_Florida
Level 3
Level 3

It was a bad cable.  I found a different cable and can now debug via ADS and also see a COM Port in Device Manager.

Thanks

0 Likes