Can't disable ECC checking on Tricore TC39XX

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SandraLewisFrin
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi

How can I disable ECC safey error in infineon TRICORE TC39XX

I used to disable it in TC27 using this cocde

/* Deactivate ECC safety errors */
Mcal_ResetENDINIT();
FLASH0_ECCRP0.B.ECCORDIS |= IFX_FLASH_ECCRP_ECCORDIS_MSK;
FLASH0_ECCRP1.B.ECCORDIS |= IFX_FLASH_ECCRP_ECCORDIS_MSK;
Mcal_SetENDINIT();

now I'm tying to disable it on TC39XX with this code DMU_HF_ECCC.B.ECCCORDIS = 0x01; but it's not working

Should I set PECENCDIS and DECENCDIS flags ?

Second question when enabling ECC, why can't I read the flash memory ? I thought it will just not use ECC checking ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

I think you are referring only to disabling the ECC correction logic and not the encoding, in such case ECCCORDIS is sufficient. If you are trying for PFlash, you need to set FLASHCON2.ECCCORDIS register. DMU_HF_ECCC.B.ECCCORDIS is for DFlash.
Reading the erased PFlash will cause an ECC error and it is expected.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SandraLewisFrin
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

From the release page, download and unzip the appropriate zip archive for your OS. You can put the tool in any convenient location. ModusToolbox™ 2.0 or newer release installs this tool also, but on the GitHub repo you can find always the latest release.

After installing, open a command window in the tool's bin directory, and follow the instructions below.

On Linux OS, run the udev_rules\install_rules.sh script before the first run of the FW-loader.

On the Catalina version of macOS and later, you may see a dialog what Apple cannot check this package for malicious software. If this happens, please follow instructions from Apple.

Command-line Options

--help (or no arguments) - Displays the list of supported commands with their descriptions.

--device-list – Displays the list of connected devices.

--update-kp3 [device-name] – Update the firmware of the specified device to KitProg3.

--update-kp2 [device-name] – Downgrades the firmware of the specified device to KitProg2.

--mode [device-name] – Switches KitProg3 mode of the specific device. Supported modes are: 'kp3-hid', 'kp3-bulk', 'kp3-bootloader', 'kp3-daplink'. On Windows hosts ‘kp3-bulk’ mode cannot support simultaneous I2C/SPI bridging (e.g. for CapSense tuning) - switch to ‘kp3-hid’ instead.

--info [device-name] – Displays the device information. Device information is displayed only for KitProg3 devices which support KitProg3 Unique ID Record.

If you have only one device attached, the [device-name] is optional. Where a device name is required, use the device name from the "--device-list" command. To update firmware of all the connected KitProg3 devices use 'all' specifier.

Mode switching in KitProg3

Push the mode switch button on the kit to switch modes. If a kit does not support omegle voojio DAPLink mode, the mode switch has no effect.

0 Likes
Yuva

Hello,

This seem to be a different issue, please create a new thread in the correct category.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Yuva

Hello,

I think you are referring only to disabling the ECC correction logic and not the encoding, in such case ECCCORDIS is sufficient. If you are trying for PFlash, you need to set FLASHCON2.ECCCORDIS register. DMU_HF_ECCC.B.ECCCORDIS is for DFlash.
Reading the erased PFlash will cause an ECC error and it is expected.

Thanks.

0 Likes