Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ritvikrai
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am working with a AURIX Tricore TC222-TRB development board and need to set the CPU speed to the highest possible configuration. The board has a clock speed of 133 MHz, but when I checked the default clock speeds from the board initialization code added by default in the AURIX project as follows:

g_AppCpu0.info.pllFreq = IfxScuCcu_getPllFrequency();
g_AppCpu0.info.cpuFreq = IfxScuCcu_getCpuFrequency(IfxCpu_getCoreIndex());
g_AppCpu0.info.sysFreq = IfxScuCcu_getSpbFrequency();
g_AppCpu0.info.stmFreq = IfxStm_getFrequency(&MODULE_STM0);

I saw that the PLL and CPU frequencies were 200MHz and System (SPB) and STM frequencies were 100MHz. 
1) What is the significance of each of these frequencies with regards to CPU performance?
2) Do these results mean that the CPU frequency has somehow crossed its system specs of 133MHz to 200MHz? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @ritvikrai 
1) What is the significance of each of these frequencies with regards to CPU performance?
-- In general, more frequency means more performance.
2) Do these results mean that the CPU frequency has somehow crossed its system specs of 133MHz to 200MHz?
-- It seems that the CPU clock exceeds the maximum clock frequency, in real applications, it will make the system instability.
The below table shows the clock specifications.

2023-08-29_14h23_06.png
BR,
Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @ritvikrai 
-- In general, more frequency means more performance.
-- It seems that the CPU clock exceeds the maximum clock frequency, in real applications, it will make the system instability.
The below table shows the clock specifications.

2023-08-29_14h23_06.png
BR,
Jeremy

0 Likes