Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
harrechr
Employee
Employee
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am trying to increase the CPU lock so first I tried one of the existing examples:

CCU_Clock_1 for KIT_AURIX_TC397_TFT (imported/downloaded directly in Aurix Studio). Here is the link to the example code on github: https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples/tree/master/code_examples/CCU_Clock_1_KIT_TC397_TFT 

Kit: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/kit_a2g_tc397_3v3_tft/ 

According to the documentation there should be 100MHz clock on P23.1 --> I am only seeing 1MHz

Checked the crystal on the PCB and measured the signal on the XTAL inputs --> 20MHz crystal is connected (as expected from the Kits Datasheet)

I tried changing the N,K,P factors and I can see changes on the output. But there is no way I can achieve 100Mhz or higher like this.

My goal would be to achieve 300MHz CPU clock.

Any ideas why the clock output frequency would be so much lower than expected? I would go on and check each register setting related to the clock but with no expectation to find anything, some guidance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ulises_L
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @harrechr 

As can be seen in the page 9 of the Example documentation,  the 100MHz frequency is the expected for the SPB-Bus (f_SPB), and the output frequency (f_out) is 1MHz, the same measured by you. You can check the example equations to obtain the desired output frequencies.

Information about the CPU clock speed up can be obtained in the section 10.4 "Clock Speed Up-scaling" of the AURIX™ TC3xx User Manual Part-1.

Best Regards

Ulises

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ulises_L
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @harrechr 

As can be seen in the page 9 of the Example documentation,  the 100MHz frequency is the expected for the SPB-Bus (f_SPB), and the output frequency (f_out) is 1MHz, the same measured by you. You can check the example equations to obtain the desired output frequencies.

Information about the CPU clock speed up can be obtained in the section 10.4 "Clock Speed Up-scaling" of the AURIX™ TC3xx User Manual Part-1.

Best Regards

Ulises

0 Likes
harrechr
Employee
Employee
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thanks! Yes right after posting the question I realized my mistake xD. And tried to delete my post.. did not work apparently

0 Likes