Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Code_Begnr
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like received

I am using a TC399 starter kit for my work and tested CAN communication using example code loop back mode and its working.

Now i want to connect the CAN peripherals of the kit to establish Tx and Rx communication with external world using VN1610 box and Canoe SW.

I am using CAN0 (node 0) and initialized the port pins P20.8 as Tx and 20.7 as Rx , but failed to receive and transmit in the Canoe SW.

Do we need to de-solder(remove) the 0 ohm resistors R301 - R304 , R311- R314 of the kit to establish outside full communication(mentioned in Triboard manual)?

Triboardmanual section, schematic and starter kit pic is attached. Only resistors R301,R302,R311,R312 are present in Kit

3 Replies
Nambi
5 likes given 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Yes, the Triboard Manual recommendations need to be followed.

You can refer to the below section of the Triboard Manual to check if a resistor is assembled or not by default.

"4.2.2 Resistors for peripherals
Table 4-3 Resistors for peripherals (default assembly in brackets)"

You can also refer to this thread https://community.infineon.com/t5/AURIX/Cannot-get-CAN-to-transmit-and-receive-on-same-node-external...

Best Regards.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Code_Begnr
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like received

Hello Nambi.

Thank you for the reply.

As mentioned by you, i can see the resistors( R301,R302,R311,R312) mentioned assembled in Triboard manual , the same also present in the starter kit hw.
My doubt is "Do we need to remove this resistor for the communication with Canoe"?(may be lame)

Note: I made the changes (initializing the CAN port pins(20.7 and 20.8) ,disabling loop back mode, used the same node as transmit and receive) as per the example code you attached, but still could not see the Tx and Rx frames in Canoe, getting NACK error. I am using CAN instead of CANFD.

0 Likes
Nambi
5 likes given 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you monitor the CANRX, CANTX, CANH and CANL pins and the waveforms in each of these?

Best Regards,

0 Likes