CAN on TriBoard TC377TX

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins
In the TriBoard Manual TC377TX, MultiCAN section the note says

The transceiver are connected to the TriCore device via zero ohm resistors (R301 up to R304 and R311 up to R314) which must be removed to use the ports outside.

I want to connect Vector CANcase/CANalyzer device and try to test CAN Transmit/Receive messages function.
Should i remove R301-R304/R311-R314 resistors to do this type of testing on the TriBoard Manual ?

Please let me know
0 Likes
5 Replies
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
I reviewed the schematics and i understand now that R301-R302 connects TLE9251VSJ/U301 to P10.2 and P10.3, which makes sense

I connnected IDC10/X301 Pin3 & Pin 4 to CANcase DB9 Pin2/Pin7, and now i see Error message. Should I also connect Gnd pins to DB9 ? Any thoughts ?

I am seeing below error message on CANalyzer
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
Dear Forum Members,

Can anyone please provide some help on this issue ? I am stuck on this issue and unable to proceed.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Nadeem.
0 Likes
User20639
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Not sure, would have to look at the schematics. Stupid question: do you have a termination resistor?

Have you checked with your debugger that the code sends the CAN message? Can you check with an oscilloscope if you see some CAN frames on the output line?
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
qcoret wrote:
Not sure, would have to look at the schematics. Stupid question: do you have a termination resistor?

Have you checked with your debugger that the code sends the CAN message? Can you check with an oscilloscope if you see some CAN frames on the output line?

Yes the schematics shows termination resistor.
Yes i did that and I can see CAN_L & CAN_H activity on the oscilloscope.
Any thougths ?
0 Likes
User20639
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
That's weird, that's an ACK error, that would usually happen if there's no receiver node in your circuit. I would have thought CANalyzer would have acted as a receiver.

Can you check your CAN frame and look at the ACK bits? The ACK slot should be set dominant.

Maybe try with Busmaster as well.
0 Likes