Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Lucie2512
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi experts,

i have read a lot of posts about the bootloader on TC. I'm interested in activating the bootloader on an used device with running software on it.  The required hardware modification for the logic levels are made ont HWCFG pins. [5,4,3] low - means corresponding to the manual - Generic Bootloader on PINs 14.0 ,14.1 on an 144pin device - right so far? Furthermore is written the PINDIS bit is  relevant. The divice worked in a VW OCU and is password saved  locked for the debugger but flashable over CAN protokoll. I've tried all the possibilities on HW but there never a response from the TC. Could it be possible the the BOOTLOADER option is also secured and not accessible?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aiswarya_A
250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hello,

You could refer to section "3.1.3.2.5 CAN BSL flow" in the AURIXTC3XX_um_part1_v2.0 User Manual.

Kind Regards,
Aiswarya.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aiswarya_A

Hello, 

Could you please clarify more on your statement as it is unclear for us. Is the device working now?
What is your end requirement? Is it not possible to still stick to the CAN based flashing?

Kind Regards,
Aiswarya.

0 Likes

Hello back,

excuse me  that's not clearly described. I can't activate the Bootloader The device is working , i think so . I tried to communicate by the Bootloader Pins with CAN and serial protocols but i've never get a response. So what i mean with the flashable  possibility  -  i can update(flash) the device by ODIS (my diagnostic or update system). So there must be a way to communicate with the device - i think so. The only connection for the working ECU in the automotive environment is  the (DIAGNOSE) CAN . So could it be possible that a special CAN message is required to bring the booloader working  for instance clear the PINDIS bit.? Ie  know thats a difficult problem. Any hints are welcome.

0 Likes
Aiswarya_A

Hello,

You could refer to section "3.1.3.2.5 CAN BSL flow" in the AURIXTC3XX_um_part1_v2.0 User Manual.

Kind Regards,
Aiswarya.

0 Likes