Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YinPhan
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 sign-ins First question asked

I'm using CAN transceiver TLE9255 and trying to create a small test code that can trigger Can Transceiver to Sleep WUP Sub-Mode then wake up by pattern. 

After setting up the configuration followed by chapter 5.4.1 in the datasheet, I trigger it to sleep mode then observe the INH pin and read the operation mode to verify its behavior.

I observe that the INH pin is low after I trigger sleep mode, but the operation mode get from the register is the normal mode. 

Only the sleep mode can drive the INH pin to 0, so I'm pretty sure that the Can transceiver was in sleep mode. So my concern is can we read the actual operation mode when the CAN transceiver is in sleep mode?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Dear YinPhan,

There are 3 mode in TLE9255W Sleep Mode - Sleep WUP Sub-Mode, Selective Sleep Sub-Mode, Selective Wake Sub-Mode,  the SysErr Flag will tell Sleep WUP mode and CANTO Flag for Selective Sleep Mode, SWK_ACTIVE Flag for Selective Wake Sub-Mode, please refer  TLE9255W datasheet Section 7.6 Selective wake SPI flags.

Thanks.

dw

0 Likes