Aurix tc275

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

I started working today with the AURIX TC275 TriBoard using USB as Debugger and Free TriCore Entry Toolchain v4.6.2.1 for software.

I followed the tutorial just to flash the first "hello world" - blink leds.

Device connected -> Configure the Debugger -> FLASH -> Success.

It never worked. I had to reset the board and now the RST Led remains all the time ON and I am always getting the message "device not detected" on the Debugger.

I think the device is locked. Any idea what that might be?

Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
10 Replies
Florian
Employee
Employee
5 replies posted Welcome! First reply posted
Hi,

make sure that you are using the latest DAS (Device Access Server) release and you see in the DAS Device Scanner the device "TriCore-Family".
If you can see the TriCore-Family as device, try the Memtool to erase the flash and program it again.

Best regards
0 Likes
Not applicable
I tried that. The tricore is detected but when I tried to erase with the mem tool the message was that the device is locked. I used the default pass 0x00000 etc but no luck. The device was new and nobody changed the password so I can't understand why it didn't worked.
0 Likes
Florian
Employee
Employee
And all DIP-switches for the HWCFG are in position off/ the HWCFG-pins are high (if it's not an A-Step)?
0 Likes
Not applicable
In the first flash attempt everzthing was Off. Then I did the configuration acording to the Triboard datasheet On Off Off Off
0 Likes
Florian
Employee
Employee
You have an A-Step or a B- or C-Step on the board?
0 Likes
Not applicable
The board it's step B (as far as I can understand from the stepping).
0 Likes
Florian
Employee
Employee
Then you should have all DIP-switches off. Ensure, that you have the latest TriBoard-manual (v2.3), there you find a complete description.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Florian,

could you consult me about the TC275 A-step, B-step and C-step variants. I am confusing here because i have application kit tc2x5 having tc275tp-64 and in Hightec compiler platform the jtag configuration is only for TC275A ,TC275B application kit.

Note : I tried with TC275A/B jtag configuration and it throws error that jtag client not available

Thanks,
Digesh
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hey,

I am having the same Problem with tricore Hardware .
Please let me know if you found the solution or any Progress in this regard.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Look in that specific board it didn't work till the point we changed the processor with a new one (for some reason that chip never worked properley)
In a second board we had we had a simillar issue so we flashed first time directly with the Infineon Memtool 4.6 using the .cfg file named "TriBoard with TC275/TC277 C-Step (DAS)" which you can find in the installation folder of your memtool named Targets.zir (just rename the extension to .zip and extract it with 7zip or winrar).

Give a try and good luck 😉
0 Likes